I'm trying to get my Ps3 online. Wait. Correction. Ive got it online, and I can use it every once and a while, but sometimes it just doesnt work. I have a wireless router, but it never seems to pick up on that. THe router is upstairs and the Ps3 is downstairs, will that make a difference?
The router goes down sometimes. Just unplug the router wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. Move the PS3 closer to the router if possible.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
C'mon, man. You know that there's a thread for this.

That shouldn't make a difference. It's better that than vice versa. Um.. Will it sometimes just not log you in? I'd recommend going to the playstation forums, they have a huge thread dedicated to fixing online connection problems. Your best bet is looking there.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by guitar4life24
The router goes down sometimes. Just unplug the router wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. Move the PS3 closer to the router if possible.

You can also try unplugging the modem for ten seconds as well. The PS3s wifi is on the right side, so if you have the PS3 standing on it's left side, you'll technically have better reception.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Oh theres a specific thread? My bad. Ya, I will try that right now, and I'll get back to you.
Wait, do you mean your connection gets dropped every once in a while, or your connection will remain online but the PS3's service isn't working? If it's the former, then you might wanna work on that router of yours. If it's the latter, then you're probably going to need tech support.