This song is titled "Wasting Time" (though personally, I'm not a huge fan of the title...), it's the fifth of the recordings my band did last summer.

The song can be found in the "The Requisite" album on our UG album section

This song was written by myself and our other guitarist, it centers round a troubled protagonist, struggling with a none-descript problem, though make of it what you will. Perhaps the least pop song we've written, and definitly the most "alternative".

Constructive criticism is always welcome. C4C.

EDIT: MySpace linkage - myspace.com/therequisite
Last edited by Mathamology at Jan 31, 2008,
Props to the band. I like your music alot. Keep it up. No bad feed from me sorry. As for the song "wasting time" good.
Quote by chaseNbadguys
I really like it. the recording quality was great and everthing fit really tight.

Thank you, and thanks for giving us a listen

Quote by vox2414
Props to the band. I like your music alot. Keep it up. No bad feed from me sorry. As for the song "wasting time" good.

Thanks again, and again thanks for listening. No negative feed is a good thing!

Any comments on songs other than Wasting Time can go here - click. We could do with a bump in the band promo forum!
I liked it, the quality and tension (in the intro) is great.

My only argument is that the whole song is a little drawn out and needlessly long.

The harmonised guitar part sounds a bit cliched and overdone.

The vocal is a bit dry. Add some reverb and compress it slightly to bring up the quieter passages.

The guitar solo is very good, but watch the intonation of bends in places, cause they're slightly out.

Overall, it's nice and professional, it just needs some minor tweaking.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I liked it, the quality and tension (in the intro) is great.

Thanks, I wrote the intro, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out... though it perhaps lacks the atmosphere it could have (with a higher production value), it still works.

Quote by BrianApocalypse
My only argument is that the whole song is a little drawn out and needlessly long.

The harmonised guitar part sounds a bit cliched and overdone.

It is a pretty long song, I dunno, perhaps there are sections that are needless? I think they all work well.

Quote by BrianApocalypse
The vocal is a bit dry. Add some reverb and compress it slightly to bring up the quieter passages.

I don't really know much about production, and as a band we didn't do it ourselves, the guy we recorded with did it.

Quote by BrianApocalypse
The guitar solo is very good, but watch the intonation of bends in places, cause they're slightly out.

Overall, it's nice and professional, it just needs some minor tweaking.

Thank you, I'm happy with that solo in particular. Cheers for the feedback and giving us a listen