It's a travesty that wrote this song mid last year and today is my first attempt at recording it T_T

As usual, most of my songs have been performed live in one way or another, and this is no exception. I've added a few bits though and taken out a drum beat.

I used "Guitar Pro 5" for the flute at the end, as I was curious as to the quality of the midi...

It's in my profile and feel free to leave a link so can crit you back =]

Thanks to anyone who listens, and add me on myspace if you like it!
i dont think the addition of the 70s sounding midi effects flatters your music at all. i suggest you have a look round for some free vst plugins or something to compliment your lyrics and voice. there's some excellent free ones out there. i think you've still some fine tuning to do with your voice, doesnt sound like your pushing your notes out as much as you can. love your intro to set me free btw, nice piano riff, asuming its original. you've come a long way since you appeared on the forums though man, sounding much better now, almost there.
Quote by audiorapist
i dont think the addition of the 70s sounding midi effects flatters your music at all. i suggest you have a look round for some free vst plugins or something to compliment your lyrics and voice. there's some excellent free ones out there. i think you've still some fine tuning to do with your voice, doesnt sound like your pushing your notes out as much as you can. love your intro to set me free btw, nice piano riff, asuming its original. you've come a long way since you appeared on the forums though man, sounding much better now, almost there.

Hey man thanks! That really means alot =]

It's not necessarily midi effects, it's a bloody 10 year old Yamaha keyboard T_T What are VST plug ins anyway?

And yeah, Set Free is entirely original =]
Hey there I had a song called over my head too ... the voice could use a little bit of touching up... I persaonlly didn't like the synth to much either BUT a vsts is basically a plugin for your recording program)

In his case he means vsts that act as full fleged virtual instruments...

I forgot the acrynom but VST's are pretty sweet it just depends on what your running software wise if you are compatable.. see I can only use RTAS's (real time audio) ... and AU (Apple's version of VST...)
Quote by ovdojoey
Hey there I had a song called over my head too ... the voice could use a little bit of touching up... I persaonlly didn't like the synth to much either BUT a vsts is basically a plugin for your recording program)

In his case he means vsts that act as full fleged virtual instruments...

I forgot the acrynom but VST's are pretty sweet it just depends on what your running software wise if you are compatable.. see I can only use RTAS's (real time audio) ... and AU (Apple's version of VST...)

Hey thanks for explaining that...I'm recording using a program called Audacity, and editing with Sony Soundforge, so I doubt I can use VSTs...

I've tried using Cubase, Pro Tools and Reason, all at different points in the last year or so, and it was sooooo over complicated that I just keep coming back to the basic program. I prefer just ticking away on a metrenome and recording everything myself =]

Also...Got a link to your song? I want to hear if there are any similarities