ive been listening to Jeff Becks soloing on Amused to Death, and Im wondering if hes using his volume control for the fade in effects on his single notes or a pedal.

Im talking about like the beginning notes to the ballad of bill hubbard.

its on the high e string the first two notes are I believe at the 10th and next 13th fret. don't have my guitar, might be wrong.

also in the solo for What god wants part 3 he uses some, wow check out that solo even if you don' t wanna help it is awesome.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
nobody knows if its a pedal, or an advanced volume control technique???
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
I've spent the last couple of months watching Beck videos on YouTube and reading interviews. The only pedal he uses live is an A/B switch to switch between his 50watt Marshal half-stack and a Fender Bassman. His guitar tech and several other guitar great friends all say with Beck "it's all in his hands". That whole tremolo tremor he gets with the whammy bar, like on Nadia... amazing. In their promo material for the new American Standard Strat, Fender says of Jeff Beck that he is getting sounds only a new model strat can get, because of the way it's built, "even the old strats would have a hard time getting that signature Beck sound, because the tremolos were built different."

Like Billy Gibbons, it's all in his hands. The gap between us and him just got a lot bigger.
I saw him on the pbs crossroads thing, it looked like he was playing with his tone knobs a lot while he was playing, but he didn't do anything with the volume. as good as he was with the tone knobs, he might be using the volume knob on his guitar for what you're talking about.