I cant really find alot of bands that use 6 string basses, maybe Im stupid, so maybe you could suggest some bands and songs. It doesnt matter what genre but Death metal and any core genre is much appreciated.

Thanks to all who help.
Quote by hi,i'm jordan
primus

Specifically: Tommy the Cat, Jerry Was a Racecar Driver, Fish On, My Name is Mud, Last Super Power aka Rapscallion, etc.

Other Claypool songs: Buzzards of Green Hill, etc.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the bassist from Alien Ant Farm had a six string bass. I'm not sure how much he did with it, but he regularly used one. But all the other suggestions are probably more for what you're looking for. Mostly it'll be used in jazz and some metal and prog rock, and primus which is its own thing. But you should probably just youtube it, you can find anything there.
Dream Theater for sure. "As I Am" is probably a good one, because it uses the Harmonics on the High C + the lower notes on the Low B.

I'd like so recs too, got my SR506 sitting in my room, eager to play something new on it
Lifting Shadows Off A Dream by Dream Theater
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Rebus
Karnivool (although could be a 5)

Yeah he used a six

The Glass Prison by Dream Theater uses a six.
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by kiennM
Necrophagist

You win. TS, try the songs "Fermented Offal Discharge," "Intestinal Incubation," and "Only Ash Remains." Stefan Fimmers is the man.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
^Yeah, *but*, not exactly "Easy" to play ......
e.g. tapping part during the intro of "Only Ash Remains"

I hope to eventually be able to fly around the fretboard like some sort demon with Fingers for feet
Did he say "easy?"
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.