I got a mic so I just wanted to try out singing and see what I'm like, to be honest I don't think I'm great but I'm the biggest critic I know, so I'd appreciate any advice people can give.

It's only the start of the song and I just did the chords real quick because that's not the main focus. The song is on my profile.
Funny words.
Dude, as a huge AB fan, I am going to be a little critical of your vocals. Because Miles is so amazing, there are very few who can come close to him.

Your vocals were in a different key than you were playing in. They sounded at least 1, maybe 2 steps down from the chords you are playing. And even then, you were pretty flat. Your voice has a good tone to it, but to sing a song like that, you need to be in key. Your vocals would probably sound much better on a Pearl Jam song or Creed. There are lots of great instructional videos out there on vocals. Good luck dude, and don't get discouraged. AB songs are definately tough to nail.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
Quote by cnorthern
Dude, as a huge AB fan, I am going to be a little critical of your vocals. Because Miles is so amazing, there are very few who can come close to him.

Your vocals were in a different key than you were playing in. They sounded at least 1, maybe 2 steps down from the chords you are playing. And even then, you were pretty flat. Your voice has a good tone to it, but to sing a song like that, you need to be in key. Your vocals would probably sound much better on a Pearl Jam song or Creed. There are lots of great instructional videos out there on vocals. Good luck dude, and don't get discouraged. AB songs are definately tough to nail.

Ahh thanks for the crit, on a listen of it myself, it was pretty out, especially the first few notes, but, I'm no singer, I just thought I'd give it a go and see what I'd come up with, unfortunately whatever I hear when singing, I think sounds ok, but when it's recorded sounds pretty wank.
Funny words.