I am saving Up for a Traynor YCV50 blue custom. I usually play stuff like Jimi Hendrix, Stevie ray vaughan, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led zeppelin etc. So they are mostly related to blues. I'm not really into really heavy stuff anymore.

So anyways, the traynor is a whole lotta money, and There's this little voice inside me, telling me for more suggestions. Well first of all because it will be the first tube amp, That I will own. I have played a bunch of them, but still owning them is a different scenario. And second, It's a hell of a lot of money and I have to work my ass of sacrificing valuable practice time. I'm buying the amp for about 700(new) or less if I can find one used. So any suggestions? I need excellent cleans, and a nice overdrive, no br00talz or anything.

I'm going to be playing through a Mexican Standard Stratocaster with Texas Special Pickups.
I have one, I find it sounds very nice. I don't play entirely clean very often, but I really dig the tone you get, especially with a little reverb. I've heard from a reliable source who has been playing guitar for 30ish years and was a professioan recording engineer that it sounds nice. I've played small gigs with it, and it is more than loud enough. I won't be needing a new amp any time soon. I'd say go play with it at a store and try to get a sound you like. If you can, go for it.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I played one, but it didn't have the stock tubes. I kind of liked the tone I got out of it, But I've never played on wit the stock tubes.
With a new set of tubes you couldn't ask for a better amp (in your price range) for your style.
Tiger style.
Quote by kevinm4435
With a new set of tubes you couldn't ask for a better amp (in your price range) for your style.

What about the fender hot rod? peavey classic 30? are they any good? worse or maybe even better?
if its a bedroom amp consider the crate blackheart 5w halfstack. there's also a combo coming out.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
I think the Traynor aces them both, I played a 2x10 YCV50 on wednesday night and it was stunning...certainly the Hot Rod's drive channel is extremely underwhelming.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Its not really a bedroom amp. More of a gig/jam amp. I'm going to start gigging with my band very soon.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Its not really a bedroom amp. More of a gig/jam amp. I'm going to start gigging with my band very soon.

ok nevermind about my suggestion then.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by guitar_infidel
ok nevermind about my suggestion then.

NAh man, thanks, I was thinking of getting a backup amp for my bedroom. I was thinking valve junior for a backup. Now I might take a look at the Blackheart