Page 1 of 2
Lets hear what you guys think...my list looks like this

1. Somewhere In The Between- Steetlight Manifesto
2. Strictly Rude- Big D and the Kids Table
3. In Black And White- Mustard Plug

share your thoughts
Strictly Rude and Get Warmer were the only ska records worth hearing last year. Is the new Streetlight really that good?
In my opinion...

1. Somewhere in the Between- Streetlight Manifesto
2. In Black and White- Mustard Plug
3. Monkeys for Nothin' and the Chimps for Free- Reel Big Fish
GEAR:
Musicman Sterling
Epiphone Flying V Bass
BC Rich Platinum Warlock Bass
Fender BG-31 MTB Acoustic/Electric Bass
Warwick Blue Cab 60 60W 1x12 Bass Combo Amp
Quote by FuzzyBear
rx bandits - and the battle begun

hands down

Yes. Here's how it goes:

1. RX Bandits - And the Battle Begun
2. Big D & the Kids Table - Strictly Rude
3. Streetlight Manifesto - Somewhere in the Between
yeah the new streetlight is amazing..its really diverse. and i havent heard that other album yeah ill go chek that out now
strictly rude-big d
somewhere in the between- streetlight
i got the reel big fish CD monkeys for nothing..... and i listened to it for a few weeks but to me its not a CD i can listen to time and time again
Strictly Rude was really good.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by rtbsmgsmf
strictly rude-big d
somewhere in the between- streetlight
i got the reel big fish CD monkeys for nothing..... and i listened to it for a few weeks but to me its not a CD i can listen to time and time again

Agreed with the RBF comment. The best parts of that album were the Everything Sucks re-dos. The only originals that stood out to me were Slow Down, Live Your Dream and 'Till I Hit The Ground.

In heinsight, I think We're Not Happy was a lot better than people gave it credit for. I prefer it to Monkeys, tbh.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Now howabout that Energy reissue eh?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Strictly Rude, of course. It really was that good.

RBF's new cd was pretty stupid.

I really liked One More Bullet by The Toasters.

And I liked the Aquabats cd that never came out.
yeah i think its funny that they remastered it, considering that it doesnt sound much different from the old one
but in my opinion the old version of it is the best version. its funny too how now almost every music store i go to i see it there, seeing that it used to be so hard to find but i guess that would be the point of a reissue haha
There's a nn2s for everything
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by FuzzyBear
???

tell me more

Yeah, I remember reading it somewhere. They said it was due for December, but now there site doesn't talk about it at all.

I know I wasn't imagining it.
I found it on there website...

"Much work has been done on the new album and will continue in this direction as far as the eye can see! We are very excited to unleash this burly beast of ROCK upon this woven earth, and we think you just may like it too!"-May 8th

"Speaking of new record! We start recording at the end of the month!!! Which means we should see a fall release of this 'sure-to-be’ classic album from the worlds most classically lumpy band of Super dudes…THE AQUABATS!!!"-May 26th

"Meanwhile, back at HQ, the Aquabats are almost ready to complete the new album. Still no album title as of yet but we are still reading through the millions of heart felt suggested album titles you all sent in! WAY TO GO!! We aren't gonna finish it until we find an album title we can all live with....SO KEEP SENDING IN THOSE SUGGESTIONS!!!"-October 13th

"If anything happens for sure in 2008 it will be the new Aquabats album being finished up as we speak. It has taken a back seat to a few other things lately but The Aquabats will be back in the saddle in no time! YEEE HAAAWWW!!"-November 18th

"Things have already started off with a major BANG this year as THE AQUABATS! are in full productivity mode already!! WOOP WOOP! As well as working on our new album..."-January 5th

I guess I was under the impression it was releasing in December. I'd estimate sometime right before, or during summer.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
I thought strictly rude was **** tbh. Just thought I'd say that, 'cos a lot of people have it as their fave. I didn't enjoy it whatsoever.

Blasphemy.

I only bought three ska albums last year. They were: Strictly Rude, Somewhere In The Between and Monkeys for nothin'.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Last edited by Mr_Jubby_Jubs at Feb 1, 2008,
1.Streetlight Manifesto- Somewhere in the Between
2.Rx Bandits- And The Battle Begun
3.Reel Big Fish-Monkeys for Nothin and Chimps for Free
Quote by Zephyyr
Cool Whip, I love your sig!
Quote by Chaise Boogie
Strictly Rude, of course. It really was that good.

RBF's new cd was pretty stupid.

I really liked One More Bullet by The Toasters.

And I liked the Aquabats cd that never came out.

The Aquabats aren't awesome...the singer and bandleader(?) is a Mormon, which basically means there's a 90% chance that he's racist, homophobic, sexist, and just a big idiot (even if Yo! Gabba Gabba! is the best show ever)...and they're not even any good...

I don't keep up on what's released by year or anything, but Somewhere In The Between by Streetlight Manifesto is by far my favorite ska album (of all time), and one of my favorite albums in all genres...
The Slackers - Boss Harmony Sessions.

I hate you all for not mentioning this.

Sure it wasn't as good as the other Slackers albums.

But it's still a Slackers album. Slackers albums can't be bad; they can only be not as good as other Slackers albums.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by devourthekitten
The Aquabats aren't awesome...the singer and bandleader(?) is a Mormon, which basically means there's a 90% chance that he's racist, homophobic, sexist, and just a big idiot (even if Yo! Gabba Gabba! is the best show ever)...and they're not even any good...

No way son, he listens to ska hes about da unity!
and i saw aquabats live, he is the coolest guy ever.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
I thought strictly rude was **** tbh. Just thought I'd say that, 'cos a lot of people have it as their fave. I didn't enjoy it whatsoever.

i can understand how you didnt like it, it was way differnet from anything they have ever done. personally, im addicted to it and i love it, but i can see whre from your coming from.
its sort of like either you loved the album, or you hated it.
most loved it
Quote by devourthekitten

I don't keep up on what's released by year or anything, but Somewhere In The Between by Streetlight Manifesto is by far my favorite ska album (of all time), and one of my favorite albums in all genres...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you just accused him of wrongs which are based off being prejudice.

What do you call it when someone bases opinions and assumptions of someone based on there religion?

And BTW, I think Streetlight Manifesto, Big D And The Kids Table, and Reel Big Fish were one of the only big names to drop albums this year...that's why everyone keeps saying them.
Quote by devourthekitten
the singer and bandleader(?) is a Mormon, which basically means there's a 90% chance that he's racist, homophobic, sexist, and just a big idiot

so by that logic does being a muslim have a 90% chance of being a suicide bomber that loves to cut off westerners heads, being racist, homophobic and sexist

of course it doesnt

and neither does being a morman
Quote by devourthekitten

*high five* for rash generalizations
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
I was disappointed with a lot of releases this year. I think a lot of ska bands are moving on and changing their sound a lot. RBF's newest cd was a horrible disappointment. My favorite ska album of the year was Sustain by Buck-O-Nine. Great album. Followed closely by Strictly Rude - Big D and the Kids Table. Both Mustard Plug's In Black and White and Streetlight Manifesto's Somewhere In Between were pretty good, but i thought they both could have been better.

Devo, i dont think the fact that the Aquabat's lead singer is a mormon is an adequate reason for one disliking the Aquabats. I think the Aquabats aren't a typical ska band and its either something you like or dislike. I think its that they arent a typical ska band which leads to peoples dislike for them.
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
The Slackers - Boss Harmony Sessions.

I hate you all for not mentioning this.

Sure it wasn't as good as the other Slackers albums.

But it's still a Slackers album. Slackers albums can't be bad; they can only be not as good as other Slackers albums.

Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I liked the Boss Harmony Sessions.

It'll hold me over until the next Slackers album.

"Somewhere in the Between" by Streetlight
"Uncensored" by Keepin'6
"Kill Punk Rock Stars" by The Fad
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Iluvpowerchords

Oops. Didn't read all the posts.

So I'll correct myself.

I'm ashamed that only Iluvpowerchords and myself have nominated Boss Harmony Sessions by the Slackers.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by Punx&Skunx
I was disappointed with a lot of releases this year. I think a lot of ska bands are moving on and changing their sound a lot. RBF's newest cd was a horrible disappointment. My favorite ska album of the year was Sustain by Buck-O-Nine. Great album. Followed closely by Strictly Rude - Big D and the Kids Table. Both Mustard Plug's In Black and White and Streetlight Manifesto's Somewhere In Between were pretty good, but i thought they both could have been better.

Devo, i dont think the fact that the Aquabat's lead singer is a mormon is an adequate reason for one disliking the Aquabats. I think the Aquabats aren't a typical ska band and its either something you like or dislike. I think its that they arent a typical ska band which leads to peoples dislike for them.

Finally someone mentioned Sustain by Buck-o-nine, great album
I'd just like to say I fall into the 5% of us on this site who aren't metalheads.

I am UG's resident Communist.
Quote by CollinPlaysBass
Ok SO RBF album was just average but if your going to try to tell me the Another FU song wasnt the ska song of the year then you all suck!!!

.....Of ANY song from that album....ANY song you could have chosen to reference to back up your point....you chose THAT wank!? It's NOT a ska song. It's a pop-punk song with ska choruses. And even then it's barely a ska-sounding chorus. Slow Down I could understand. Live Your Dream I could understand. But Another F.U song? Standard RBF sarcastic song with a boring guitar line and no brass.

And this is coming from a hardcore RBF fan. I really love those guys - they're my favourite third wave act - but that song is just really poor. I can imagine it being a fun song to run around to at gigs but ska song of the year?
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Page 1 of 2