Can anybody help me pick out a decent guitar at a low price.
I play most things between pop-rock to metal.
Not looking for anything with active pickups because I'm not using a tube amp so I don't think it'd make much of a difference.
I'm hoping to keep it under 300 but I'm willing to go up to 400 if it's really good.
I bought a Schecter C-1 FR for 400 and its really sweet, active pickups, whammy, locking tuners, and really nice tone
Ibanez rg3ex1 its like $350....and awesome for the price

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
I like my epiphone sg custom i got mine 4 about 350$ it sounds really good but if u want something good it'll cost a little more
nice picks guys.
I'd most likely go with New Crisis's pick since I'd been looking at that for a while.
anyone else?
P.S.
Slash- I was really looking at that guitar but i've never been a big fan of Squier or Fender
Last edited by Anonymouslyours at Jan 31, 2008,
Dude, i would go with probably any ibanez guitar; especially the JEM or RG models.
I got it and if you're wanting to play some heavy ****, those pickups are just what you need. The Seymour Duncan Detonators are really good for shredding and just playing heavy stuff. I'm not a big fan either, but when I got it, I definitly didn't regret it. I play mostly Gibson. so haha.
Dakoderz R & F x N' x R !
Quote by slashvr06
I got it and if you're wanting to play some heavy ****, those pickups are just what you need. The Seymour Duncan Detonators are really good for shredding and just playing heavy stuff. I'm not a big fan either, but when I got it, I definitly didn't regret it. I play mostly Gibson. so haha.

you kno what?
maybe I will go for that.
I'm just not too sure about what the killswitch does but the Duncans are enough.
The killswitch won't get in the way. it's placed perfectly. just be careful if you whammy hard. lol. All it does is when you hit it, the sound cuts out completely. so it's good for Eddie Van Halen and Tom Morello solos.
Dakoderz R & F x N' x R !
Last edited by slashvr06 at Jan 31, 2008,
Quote by The_Big_A
Dude, i would go with probably any ibanez guitar; especially the JEM or RG models.

Your lucky to get a jem under 1500 I don't agree with the person who said don't get an ibanez under $500 there licensed floyd roses suck and it might need a pickup change but almost every guitar in that price range is like that. I'd look into schecter though they make some nice guitars for good prices.
G-400 all the way. Amazing guitar. Cant wait to pair it up with a ValveKing. This thing can handle any genre, including metal.

And I compared this to the RG321 when I was looking for a guitar, it blew it away
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Last edited by mike.h at Jan 31, 2008,
RG321 is a great guitar, but the G400 is good too
the bad thing about the rg321 was that it came with really badly set up neck relief, and I've heard that the epiphone SGs have necks which are liable to snap off at the bolt if your drop them
also, dont buy an ibanez with an edge III trem, go fo a fixed bridge
I'd save up a little more honestly. 400$ isnt really enough to get a nice guitar, you'll probably end up buying another one later...

but in the meantime, ibanez and schecter are probably your only choices, jackson is way out of your budget.
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station