Hello Everyone. Recently I got an ISP Decimator and I am not very happy with it. The reason I don't like it is because it cuts of the end of my notes while playing and not being able to hold a note for a long time is a problem for me. I was thinking about investing in a Rocktron HUSH pedal. I hear it doesn't cut of the end of your note and deosn't affect tone? Is it any good? It's alot cheaper than the Decimator so that made me wonder whether it is good or not. I also read that it's designed to eliminate noise from effect pedals and that it shouldn't be used without pedals. Please help me out here guys, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

P.S. If the effects pedal isn't all that great, should I rather save up and get myself a rackmount? Thanks again
You could try shileding your guitar's control cavity a little better, and mabye the pickups.

Anyway you can try or borrow a Rocktron Hush?
The ISP > the rocktron. If a suppressor can't help you, you should try a gate. DBX 266XL for instance.

Oh and this should be in the guitar gear forums.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
The ISP > the rocktron. If a suppressor can't help you, you should try a gate. DBX 266XL for instance.

Oh and this should be in the guitar gear forums.

what's the difference between a supressor and a gate?
How did you adjust it? If your changing different styles of playing or gain settings you have to re-adjust it. Best way to adjust it is play a note and find were it cuts out then play it again and adjust it out until that doesnt happen. But yea i havent had any issues with it cutting off the end of notes unless its adjusted wrong.
I have the knob at about 11 o'clock. It doesn't cut of notes but when I play a note, it lets all the noise through, so that's a problem.
A noise suppressor is supposed to get rid of all noise when you're not playing but also when you are playing. Because it attempts to get rid of noise while you are playing, it can also affect your tone and attack etc.

A noise gate however stops all signal below a certain volume threshold. So lets say your hum is at 5db, and the weakest note you'll ever hit is at 7db. You simply set the thing to 6, and your rig will be completely silent until you start playing. Sure, once you start playing it also lets the hum through. But you can't really notice it since the notes are so much louder. A good gate will release the gate in time when you start playing, and engage it in time right when you stop playing.

Its a very crude example, but I hope it makes sense.

I'm not sure how good the DBX266XL is. I'm looking into that myself. I too had a noise suppressor which didn't work out so now I'm trying to find a decent gate. The DBX266XL looks very promising but I haven't tried it out yet.
WTLTL 2011