Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
Theoretically speaking, that isn't much of a progression. Generally, if you are going to sweep over something, you would sweep the arpegio of the chord you are playing over. Sweeping over this would be pretty difficult. If I were you, I'd go with a nice chord progression. However, if you really like the sound of this riff, good luck.
you can do just about everything here, you might start out with 2 bars of b major, and go into b dominant, but you could just al well tackle the whole thing with b minor (start melodic, end in natural) heck you can even go from major to minor.. and well, e minor would be the classic choice right, especially in a rock-context.. i'd redirect it into d major, in bar 3 though, but thats your choice.. and you might substitute it with a G# (dom) chord, for a little extra tension to strengthen your release.. or a little less tension when you don't go for e minor after all..

and when you've chosen that, you can even use just about any substitution arpeggios..

i even think an altered (shifted) arpeggio leading to a simple major-resolution or a diminished (this one might even work un-shifted, but i'd **** it either way) substitution leading into a melodic minor phrase would sound surprisingly good
1953 Epiphone zephyr
1988 PRS custom 24
1960 Moon oct. mandolin
Last edited by Funkicker at Feb 1, 2008,