i want a new guiatr and i have narrowed it down would i be better of fwith a ltd-400 series up or a epipohne les paul
You know....I considered this myself a long time ago.......I'd go with the Epiphone
Rocking the free world one step at a time!
Depsite owning an ESP eclipse I must say the Epiphone. I know many people with one and they all find them very reliable and just generally pretty good for most playing styles.
Quote by Kensai
IF YOU TYPE WITH BIG LETTERS YOUR POINT WILL COME ACROSS EASIER!

Seriously wtf was that?
I own an Epi Les Paul Studio and an LTD mh-400.. I really like my MH-400 by far but the les paul is nicer for blues.
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
i absolutely love my ec1000 far more than any epi i've played (exception: elitist lp custom, but that wasn't about quality so much as different tone, and as such can't really be compared as tone is subjective). your best bet is to go to a store and try them out for yourself to see what you prefer. the ec500 and 400 (assuming that's the series you're looking at as you're talking about an lp as your alternative) are also very good, especially for their price. if i was to pick one without first playing it, i'd go for the ec400 with duncans.

edit: i use my ec w/duncans for everything -- hard rock, blues, metal, classic rock, jazz, indie, nice thick cleans, etc -- and it sounds amazing at all of them. it most certainly is not a metal-only guitar.
Last edited by climhazzard at Jan 31, 2008,
Yeah, EMG 81, 85 combo > Epip stock pickups,
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u