Poll: President of America?
Poll Options
View poll results: President of America?
Barack Obama [D]
157 67%
Mitt Romney [R]
15 6%
John McCain [R]
46 20%
Hilary Clinton [D]
17 7%
Voters: 235.
Page 1 of 4
I recently heard word that Guiliani, and Edwards both dropped out of the campaign.
Ron Paul, who won the previous UG republican vote, hasn't been heard of for a while. So, I decided to narrow it down. McCain, Romney, Obama, Clinton. Choose, and discuss.
Clinton is a wif of the past, Barack will piss texans and such.

Honestly though do we really want a Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton?

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by philjay
Clinton is a wif of the past, Barack will piss texans and such.

Honestly though do we really want a Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton?

omg!
i thought i was the only one who thought that
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
Quote by punkrock4all
omg!
i thought i was the only one who thought that

No when evil clinton lady came to my school (there's a thread on it from a few days ago) there were a bunch of protesters complaining about "dynasties." As crazy as they seemed, they were definitely on to something.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
WHO VOTED FOR CLINTON?

Gtfo!
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
John McCain is in position to win. No matter who wins the Democractic primary, tons of people will show up to vote when they never have before just because they don't a black man or a woman in office, while not even caring who John McCain is.

Oh well, whoever wins won't get anything done anyway. When was the last time a president did? Can't wait to move out of this worthless country.
well since paul is out, ill say obama, even though they may seem completely different, obamas reasoning, to me, seems a lot more sensible than the other three left.

Edit:

John McCain is in position to win. No matter who wins the Democractic primary, tons of people will show up to vote when they never have before just because they don't a black man or a woman in office, while not even caring who John McCain is.

if John McCain wins I'm moving out of the country when I graduate.
Last edited by that1l)ude at Jan 31, 2008,
I can't stand Mccain or Romney. If I was to go with a regular Republican it would be Huckabee. Most of the time he's really great but every once in awhile will say something REALLY stupid (Comparing gays to bestiality/pedophilia, and using hidden easter eggs as a metaphor for WMDs)

For Democrats I'd go with Obama first, but I really think Richardson should have been given more credit than people gave him for. The press talks about the candidates that are presumed to be a possible winner in the beginning and the more they talk about them the more coverage and exposure they get and people hear more about them then other candidates with good ideas (Richardson, Edwards, Kucinich).

Overall, I'd probably go with RP just to get most of the government to get the **** out of people's business. But I'm not sure how helpful he'd be to the economy with his policies.

In any case, I'm glad Giuliani is out and I'm praying that Mccain doesn't win, which with the way things are going he's going to win the nomination. I don't see with Americans always talking about how much they hate Bush's policies why they would vote for another one.
Edit: Typos.
Last edited by Leonheart at Jan 31, 2008,
I'm not terribly thrilled with any of the candidates, but I dislike Huckabee the most.
I'll most likely vote for Obama
Quote by Leonheart

In any case, I'm glad Giuliani is out and I'm praying that Mccain doesn't win, which with the way things are going he's going to win the nomination. I don't see with Americans always talking about how much they hate Bush's policies why they would vote for another one.

Thats because most Americas are stupid as **** if you haven't discovered it already.

John McCain: I want to be in Iraq for 100 years.
News: You should hate George Bush and Iraq, but please vote for John McCain.
American: I hate Iraq! John McCain 08!
Voting Obama merely for lack of Ron Paul.

I also don't care at all, too far north.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by symphonyX99
Thats because most Americas are stupid as **** if you haven't discovered it already.

John McCain: I want to be in Iraq for 100 years.
News: You should hate George Bush and Iraq, but please vote for John McCain.
American: I hate Iraq! John McCain 08!

I've read that over 40% of McCain's supporters are against the war in Iraq
I really don't know who I'm voting for. I don't want to vote for McCain, because he's a warmonger. I absolutely WILL NOT vote for Romney. If he somehow wins the primary, I will vote for whoever he's against. I don't know much about all the other candidates, not really enough to make a fair decision.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I've read that over 40% of McCain's supporters are against the war in Iraq

that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard, he's probably more of a militarist than Bush.
Tut, *votes edwards anyway*
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
why do people want ron paul to win so badly...

i never understood that
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
why do people want ron paul to win so badly...

i never understood that

we have our opinions.
You'll find that the majority of internet users are libertarian.
Ron Paul was a member of the libertarian party and still pretty much thinks like one, very little gov't control.
And because he was the only slightly popular canditate thinking that way alot of people got excited about that.
Regardless of who wins, I hope Fox News gets nuked for being the bastards they are.
Obama. I wanted Ron Paul, but he doesn't have a chance in hell, so Obama is my next best choice.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Regardless of who wins, I hope Fox News gets nuked for being the bastards they are.

you sound just as bad as them.
IMO all news stations are horribly biased, especially CNN and Fox.
Quote by that1l)ude
you sound just as bad as them.
IMO all news stations are horribly biased, especially CNN and Fox.

Well yes all journalism is by definition biased but Fox is ESPECIALLY bad. I guess I'm just really pissed at how who the media covers has such an influence on the election. If RP was covered just as much as the other Republican candidates for example he'd probably be doing WAY better.
Quote by that1l)ude
we have our opinions.
You'll find that the majority of internet users are libertarian.
Ron Paul was a member of the libertarian party and still pretty much thinks like one, very little gov't control.
And because he was the only slightly popular canditate thinking that way alot of people got excited about that.

yeah i didnt mean to bash anyone so sorry if i came out like that but i was just geniuinely (spelt wrong o well) wondering why because like you said, he is quite popular with internet peoples
Gear
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
John McCain.
Honestly Giuliani was the perfect candidate in my opinion, but he's gone now. I dislike McCain's views on abortion, but overall I like him.
He's a respectable guy in terms of his military career, and he's very funny and comes across very well in the debates. He's witty, extremely smart, and just seems like a nice guy. As far as his issues go, I like the fact that he tells the truth. His Iraq policy may scare some people (100 years) but it's realistic if we want a victory (which I strongly believe we need). Also his ideas for stopping illegal immigration sound sane (although not nearly as clear and good as Giuliani's plan).
I looked at the others too, and I think that Romney's a flip-flopping idiot who seems way too arrogant and too eager to talk about how well he lead Michigan rather than anything else. Obama has way too little experience, and there isn't enough time for him to learn how to be the president with all of the issues that need to be dealt with. Last of all, Clinton is alright as far as policies, but she's very hard to like. Also, her healthcare plan would probably be a disaster (considering she's already tried to pass a similar plan while her husband was in office, and she failed at it).
I'd really like to have a respectable, smart president that we can look up to and be impressed by. McCain '08!
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
i'd go with mccain out of those. but i will vote for nader if i can.
#DTWD
Quote by beastiebeatles
Ron Paul.

agreed.

soooooo many liberals on UG hahaha
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by WNxScythe
Well yes all journalism is by definition biased but Fox is ESPECIALLY bad..

fox just looks especially bad because it's one of the only major conservative news so it sticks out like a soar thumb.
also, a study done by UCLA found that the press is far more liberal the the public thinks...
you told him to try to build bricks without straw
he asked you to build cities without bricks
Quote by nosushi4you
Obama. I wanted Ron Paul, but he doesn't have a chance in hell, so Obama is my next best choice.

how did you go from Ron Paul to Obama? ive never heard that before

EDIT: i cant believe the polls are this unanimous among UGers
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Obama's running away with it right now.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
I personally want Obama to win. My dad doesn't think he can win because he thinks America is too racist.
Quote by mrwaffles
I personally want Obama to win. My dad doesn't think he can win because he thinks America is too racist.

Yes but blacks are turning out in droves specifically to support Obama. See South Carolina, where Obama crushed Clinton by a landslide. Why? Because there are tons of black people in SC. It's sad, but many black people are voting for him just because he's black.
Ron Paul
Quote by Mudmen190

Stare at her intensively, with your hand on your crotch.
Quote by rebeltildeth87
how did you go from Ron Paul to Obama? ive never heard that before

EDIT: i cant believe the polls are this unanimous among UGers

Why the hell would I vote for Hilary, Romney, or Huckabee
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by WNxScythe
Yes but blacks are turning out in droves specifically to support Obama. See South Carolina, where Obama crushed Clinton by a landslide. Why? Because there are tons of black people in SC. It's sad, but many black people are voting for him just because he's black.

Whatever works for Obama.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
John McCain.
Honestly Giuliani was the perfect candidate in my opinion, but he's gone now. I dislike McCain's views on abortion, but overall I like him.
He's a respectable guy in terms of his military career, and he's very funny and comes across very well in the debates. He's witty, extremely smart, and just seems like a nice guy. As far as his issues go, I like the fact that he tells the truth. His Iraq policy may scare some people (100 years) but it's realistic if we want a victory (which I strongly believe we need). Also his ideas for stopping illegal immigration sound sane (although not nearly as clear and good as Giuliani's plan).
I looked at the others too, and I think that Romney's a flip-flopping idiot who seems way too arrogant and too eager to talk about how well he lead Michigan rather than anything else. Obama has way too little experience, and there isn't enough time for him to learn how to be the president with all of the issues that need to be dealt with. Last of all, Clinton is alright as far as policies, but she's very hard to like. Also, her healthcare plan would probably be a disaster (considering she's already tried to pass a similar plan while her husband was in office, and she failed at it).
I'd really like to have a respectable, smart president that we can look up to and be impressed by. McCain '08!

hey lincoln didnt have that much experience either and it seems he was a good president
Gear
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica

M en
E jaculating