The Epiphone amp that came with my Special II is garbage, and I plan to try out some at Sam Ash this weekend. Any decent amp suggestions in the range of $200-$400? Btw, I play blues and classic rock. Thanks in advance.
I know exactly what I think I'm doing.
fender blues junior> all
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Bump. I'd really appreciate some help.
I have a Crate Palomino V16. It's great for what we both play and is only 279 at guitarcenter.com right now. If you aren't concerned with any gigs, get the V8 one for 150.

Barring those choices, epiphone valve junior or blackheart little giant
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Quote by Darth_Queso
I have a Crate Palomino V16. It's great for what we both play and is only 279 at guitarcenter.com right now. If you aren't concerned with any gigs, get the V8 one for 150.

Barring those choices, epiphone valve junior or blackheart little giant

+1 for the V16.
the blues jr has a spring reverba nd 3 band EQ, essential to getting a solid blues tone. I recommend an Ibanez ts9 with it since the amp's distortion is made more versatile. go to guitar center and try one, you'll like it a lot.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
or was it 9...
yeah 10
Playing in the bedroom? Jamming with friends? Gigging???

For classic rock and blues, you can't beat tubes. Even the Blues Jr. is outside your budget, though. The Palomino V16 or Crate V18 might be within your reach. You could jam with either of those. If you're just playing by yourself, there's a variety of 5W amps out there from Palomino, Epiphone, Fender, Blackheart, etc., that are all well within your price range and worth a look.

If you want a lot of volume and decent tone at a low price, maybe check out the Peavey Bandit.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
+1 to all of this. Used Blues Junior or a Crate Palomino V16 seems the way to go. Settle for a 5 watt combo i you're just playing on your own.
hi, spine surfs, I siggd you!!

yes, that last post is good advice.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

Quote by Lil Macker
or was it 9...
yeah 10
A used Blues Junior is the best choice, in my opinion. You can get a used one for $250-$300.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Definitly search around for used gear. I found my new half stack for right around $200 bucks and Im totally in love with it! Used is an awesome way to go as long as you know how not to get screwed.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Definitly search around for used gear. I found my new half stack for right around $200 bucks and Im totally in love with it! Used is an awesome way to go as long as you know how not to get screwed.

How do you not get screwed?
Whatever you do

READ THIS!

Do NOT let them talk you into buying a line 6 spider
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Lower end tube amps such as; Valve Jr, Blackheart and the Pa-- one
My Last.Fm

Gear:
1994 MIJ Fender Jaguar
Vox V847-A Wah
ProCo Rat
EHX Small Clone
Epiphone Valve Junior
Quote by teh GoOs3
How do you not get screwed?

Well since he has a starter pack from Epi I figured he was a beginner or at least a novice. So if he doesnt know how to tell if tubes are going bad or something like that. Something like the amp being overall sh*t. Thats how you get screwed and what not to look for.
Actually, that was me, I'm the TS.. lol. But thanks for telling me, I'll be more careful trying out used amps. And yeah, I'm a novice. Been playing acoustic for about a year, but I know little about electric guitars and amps.
Your best choices would be either a used Blues Junior or even a Palomino V32 for GC.com, but if you're just playing on your own, maybe a Blackheart Little Giant Halfstack would be good for you.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.