Page 1 of 2
Lol, you made the same thread title mistake as on HC.

On topic, no I'm not.
I still have a long way to go (11 at last count)
And that's not accounting for GAS along the way.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
I still need a wah, a Moog, and a volume pedal, but I'm close. I think.

Interesting EQ setting- care to explain?
Quote by Roc8995

Interesting EQ setting- care to explain?

I was thinking that myself.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I'd add a good compressor, you can never go wrong with one of those.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
How is that a pedal board? It's just a piece of wood with pedals on it. Are they secured onto it?
High as tits
^ He said he wants a pedaltrain.
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
How is that a pedal board? It's just a piece of wood with pedals on it. Are they secured onto it?

You obviously haven't seen half the boards on here or Harmony-Central. DIY boards are 20x better than their 100-300 doller counterparts. You can make an amazing board for less than 100 bucks, better than any prefab. And if your not that handy, you can put some carpet and alluminum lining on a piece of wood and it's still cheaper/better.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
You obviously haven't seen half the boards on here or Harmony-Central. DIY boards are 20x better than their 100-300 doller counterparts. You can make an amazing board for less than 100 bucks, better than any prefab. And if your not that handy, you can put some carpet and alluminum lining on a piece of wood and it's still cheaper/better.

But this board isn't like that.
It's just a plank of wood.
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
Yeah, it actually is just a plank of wood. No velco even, though I plan to change that.
And the EQ settings are just for different sounds.
I explained on HC that I like to let a note ring and manually change the sliders to create a sort of filter effect. I think I just left it in that shape.
But it sounds neat.
Quote by Miggy01
But this board isn't like that.
It's just a plank of wood.

So is Eric Johnson's board. It doesn't impair the ability to rock.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
So is Eric Johnson's board. It doesn't impair the ability to rock.

O I wasn't detracting from his board.
I'd just rather have a pedaltrain than a simple block of wood.

speaking of eric, you wouldn't happen to know why his board is so huge for such a small amount of pedals would you?
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
Quote by Miggy01
O I wasn't detracting from his board.
I'd just rather have a pedaltrain than a simple block of wood.

speaking of eric, you wouldn't happen to know why his board is so huge for such a small amount of pedals would you?

Oh, my mistake then.
Pedaltrains be mighty expensive though.

It has meaning, I just don't know off the top of my head what it is. Everything he does somehow effects the greatness of his tone though, the plywood board, the crazy ammount of wires, I forget where the interview is....
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet

No ****, but there is no carpet or lining, it's just a PIECE OF WOOD with some pedals on it. There is not ingenuity. He might as well have the pedals on the floor.

I built my own pedal board from stuff in my garage, and it was free. I didn't want to spend so much on something I could make myself. I have it lifted at an acute angle to make it easier to stomp on, and have it carpeted with Velcro so the pedals don't move. THAT'S a home-made pedal board. Not just a plank...
High as tits
Now tell me, I'm in the market for a Micro POG, is it as good as Harmony Central makes it out to be?

I've had my eye on the Dist. III too...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
They're both fantastic. The micro-pog is simply the best octaver. ever.
And the DIII is called the poor-mans box of rock, although I woulnd't know, because i've never tried a BOR. It does sound quite crunchy and awesome though.
Nice. I'm trying extensive research on Whammy vs. Micro POG. I have sources that the Whammy can do bass and 12 string, and if it can, I want that for the extra features. But then other sources say I can't...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
hi,well impressed with your gear some quality pedals you got there.I just wanted to say that if you are prepared to spend money on good pedals why not save up for a case afterall carrying a plyboard around is gonna get annoying Also some quality patch leads would'nt go a miss either.These are just little things you could consider for in future.On e-bay I picked up a good pedal case for £40,you could probably get a large board cheaper in an auction the large case i am linking to holds 10 boss sized pedals http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-TKL-PEDALBOARD-Effects-Pedal-FX-Case-board-NEW_W0QQitemZ230218717121QQihZ013QQcategoryZ22669QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohostingi also want to point you to a nifty litttle inexpensive power supply http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWER-SUPPLY-9V-DC-1500MA-FOR-BOSS-ETC-EFFECTS-PEDALS_W0QQitemZ200195254245QQihZ010QQcategoryZ22669QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem i hope I have gave you a couple of ideas to consider for the future ,rock on!
Last edited by Allycuk at Jan 31, 2008,
Quote by Fatso Forgottso
My board with pedals on it isn't homemade.
now stop turning my thread into a flame-fest.

It's not a pedal board.

It's a piece of wood with pedals on it. Nobody is flaming, we're just pointing out that you made a thread about a piece of wood...
High as tits
I'm pretty much done with mine. I have a POG sitting on the shelf if I need it.
I don't like your pedals or board, not very good quality, your amp isn't good either if you need distortion pedal, when you would need overdrive boost at the least
I would say swap out the EQ for something better
also its best to not over EQ...but yea its an interesting setting.......

I feel the bypass on the F&C pedal is just low quality and you will get better tone with say something like the MXL EQ.
A regular POG can do 12, 18, bass, and the reason I'm getting mine, organ! The micro can doo these fairly well too. It's just not as tweakable for my tastes.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
what you really want is

Korg DT-10 Pedal Tuner
Maxon OD-808 (tube overdriver)
get rid of the multi processor and just get some good effects individually for like flanger chorus etc....but what I suggested would give you any distortion tone you'd ever want as you use what amp has and boost that overdrive channel with tube overdriver effect
What multi-processor?
I have a stage tuner clipped to my guitar headstock.
And I don't need flanger, I have a chorus pedal, I already can get any drive tone I want because the DIII is basically just a very hot overdrive...what you want is not what I want.
you should never be done with acquiring pedals. never.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Kudos on the Fish n Chips, it's one of my favorite things ever.

How's the Distortion III? I've been meaning to try one out, but the nearest store stocking MXR pedals is in Raleigh, about an hour and a half away.
Quote by xWhitechapelx
what you really want is

Korg DT-10 Pedal Tuner
Maxon OD-808 (tube overdriver)
get rid of the multi processor and just get some good effects individually for like flanger chorus etc....but what I suggested would give you any distortion tone you'd ever want as you use what amp has and boost that overdrive channel with tube overdriver effect

What ARE you talking about???

Do you have any knowledge of what you type?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
What ARE you talking about???

Do you have any knowledge of what you type?

Maybe he saw the delay and though it was a multi FX?
That's the only explanation I can think of.
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
Quote by Miggy01
Maybe he saw the delay and though it was a multi FX?
That's the only explanation I can think of.

Yeah, that's what it must've been. I mean, it can't have been anything else...unless...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
How does the Micro POG handle gain?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Page 1 of 2