As the title says..I'm trying to find some exaggerated myths and "facts" about it to make fun of. If your for it I think now would be the best time, but if you believe Global Warming is a crock of **** the give me some silly topics to write about. Especially leaning towards what they predicted in the past that never happend today...Anything!
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Custom Deluxe
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

It's obvious I don't like fender at all

HORSE the BAND
well, people thought the earth was flat
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
that global warming exists! thats the biggest myth out there

jk... how about the fact that there were never a massive landmass at the north or south pole on maps of pangea and such so why is it such a big deal now?
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by voodooyardbird
that the 70's they thouht we were going into another ice age.

Well we WILL be going into another ice age after the NATURAL Heating of the earth is through, then it will begin to cool again, its all cyclical, but it takes a long time.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Red33
Well we WILL be going into another ice age after the NATURAL Heating of the earth is through, then it will begin to cool again, its all cyclical, but it takes a long time.

winnar!

yea if you think about it were still technically recovering from an ice age

i think its kind of arrogant that we would pride ourselves on having the effect on the entire atmosphere when a single lighting blot could power a city and that junks

and has anyone ever thought that if the planet got warmer, we could, oh i dunno, adapt to it?

humans are pretty resilient beings, and can live in harsh climates along with other species, so what a couple of degrees going to do besides thin out the weaker part of the population?
global warming may very well be the cure for obesity.
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Quote by voodooyardbird
that the 70's they thouht we were going into another ice age.

Not the 70's buddy, that is still taught today at university level (I did Environmental Science in 1st yr to fill up my time table) and is still accepted by most geologists as incredibly possible, but the time frame is impossible to determine

and btw, ice ages are thought to be preceeded by a natural period of global warming. If humans ARE creating an artificial period of global warming, we might be bringing it on early

Quote by somethingcool76

winnar!

yea if you think about it were still technically recovering from an ice age

i think its kind of arrogant that we would pride ourselves on having the effect on the entire atmosphere when a single lighting blot could power a city and that junks

and has anyone ever thought that if the planet got warmer, we could, oh i dunno, adapt to it?

humans are pretty resilient beings, and can live in harsh climates along with other species, so what a couple of degrees going to do besides thin out the weaker part of the population?
global warming may very well be the cure for obesity.

...not if the air is too toxic to breathe and UV is giving us all cancer

Evolution does not happen overnight, plenty of species have been wiped out by an average temperature difference of +/- a few degrees.
Last edited by freedoms_stain at Jan 31, 2008,
Quote by freedoms_stain
Not the 70's buddy, that is still taught today at university level (I did Environmental Science in 1st yr to fill up my time table) and is still accepted by most geologists as incredibly possible, but the time frame is impossible to determine

and btw, ice ages are thought to be preceeded by a natural period of global warming. If humans ARE creating an artificial period of global warming, we might be bringing it on early

thats like word for word from the day after tomorrow
even if it is true, think of it as natural selection at the furthest extremes

us > the environment, it cant adapt to coexist with us, so it is destroyed
we cant live without the environment, so we are destroyed

let life run its course, as individuals we cant do anything about it

edit to reply: sure plenty of species got wiped out from small temp. changes, fish are a good example. but when the earth did go through an ice age, all life didnt end. im just saying temp. change isnt going to happen over night either, and if it looks like humanity is in its twilight, theres probably a good chance that technology would find its way again, like when humans could first set down in one place and not be hunter-gatherers, allowing for a larger population
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Last edited by somethingcool76 at Jan 31, 2008,

...not if the air is too toxic to breathe

QUOTE]

Well, that is an issue with pollution, but is not the cause of warming, thus it is irrelevent to the suject.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP