ok so Ive dcided that with the money that I make over the summer Ill buy a carvin amp.Once I pick my amp Ill see how much change I have left.If I have at least 500 bucks left Ill either get a frettless squire vintage mod bass or a peavey six string grind.
which one(amp and bass) do you recommend and why?
Right now im looking at the pb-100 bass combo amp because Im focusing more on tone than on watage if that helps.

Edit: Id like to have an amp ove 100 watts though...
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Jan 31, 2008,
Price range= Under 600 dollars

Current rig- Amp-Crate bt25
Bass-Ibanez ATK300 and Epi t-bird that I will soon sell for an acusic guitar
Pedal-Line 6 multi Fx pedal...
For $600 I'd recommend either getting a Redline amp, Carvin made some sickass combos with the Redlines, or the BR610 or BR615. Those will all do you quite well. You have a decent bass in the ATK and that'll be fine for now.
I googled redline bass amps but I didnt find anything good.You got a link for meh?
Where the hell can I get a Carvin amp? Other than Carvin.com. Guitar Center doesn't sell them, neither do any of the music stores near me. I'm not a fan of buying somethingh that I haven't played, but the BR615 is only 549.99 on the website, and it's 600 freaking watts!
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Unless you get really lucky and find it used, to the best of my knowledge carvin.com is the only place to get them. Maybe try Craig's list?
Carvin is direct only. You probably won't find one anywhere. They do this (and some other things) to keep prices ridiculously low. As for Redlines, they're discontinued, but in my opinion better than the new series. Here's the link to Carvin Museum the year they came out: http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/96-bassamps.html

You can track them through the years with the links at the bottom.
Thanks for the info. That's my next amp.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Yaya, thankee capt'n.

Anyone else with oppinnions on the amp or basses?
Last edited by c3powil at Feb 1, 2008,