Hi, I'm possibly going to repaint one of my guitars, I'm thinking matt black possibly with a red go faster stripe. My question is does anyone know where I can get paint in the UK?

Also I'm thinking of sticking some EMG's in it, are they easy to install?

Also here's a pic of the guitar if anyone has any alternative colour suggestions

The paint idea sounds good, but remember EMGs are active so you'd have to find a good place to stick a 9v
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
That guitar looks cool! What is it?
Also, i think it would look better with a white stripe. The whole black and red thing is a little played out, no?
Yep, gona have to see how much room I've got under the scratchplate. I'm also thinking about getting rid of the trem and putting one of those hot rod conversion bridges on so I could put the battery in the trem cavity I suppose
Quote by ESPjohn666
That guitar looks cool! What is it?
Also, i think it would look better with a white stripe. The whole black and red thing is a little played out, no?

I just saw that guy from Fallout boys bass so yep, no more red stripe, may try metallic green instead, could look funky. It says Cannibal on the headstock but I think it was made by a local guitar maker
Keep the trem, even if you never use it it will get you gigs. Trust me, some people look for trem and thats it, they don't care how well you play.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

I would if I didn't absolutely hate trems, I like using heavy strings so adjusting them gets on my nerves
Quote by faultyy
I would if I didn't absolutely hate trems, I like using heavy strings so adjusting them gets on my nerves

I know, they can be a bitch with string changes.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

werent you selling this not long ago ?

and for finishing supplies, i went to halfords lol i havent finished it yet, but its known to work.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
I still might, I really can't decide at the moment. I'm either going to sell this or my 7 string, I'm leaning more towards the 7 string at the moment as I reccon this one would be a good project.

Cool, can you just use car paint?
Last edited by faultyy at Feb 1, 2008,
^ many people have used it before, im using halfords gloss black and 2 cans of clear gloss laquer, but thats becuase i want mine really shiny.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
I refinished my guitar in Matte black and I just got normal spraypaint from one of those big DIY shops (Can't remember what the shop was called over here) It looks great and is super easy to do.

I just sanded the whole guitar back to bare wood, then smoothed it out with some finer sanpaper. Then did 1 regular thickness coat of black primer, to smooth everything a bit more and just cover the wood. Then I did 2 really thin coats of Matte black and that's it. Let it dry for about a week so it's not too soft or it'll scratch easy.

Also since you can do such a thin finish and don't need lacquer.. It will age well and get that reliced look. Mine is already shiny in some places where my arm rubs after about a month.

What about an Orange stripe? I always liked black and orange.