Well I am a bassist and I made my first riff, I think it sounds pretty cool (especially in distortion). My brother is a novice at guitar, and he has no confidence in righting, but if I make a riff, he might play along (or I can get a friend to play). Then my other brother is a beast at drums so that is covered.

But if anyone can give ideas for changes, or an idea for a guitar line, tell me!

G|----------------------7-7-----7---5----------|
D|-----------3---5-----------------------7---6-|
A|-5-----5--------------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------------------|

A hint, the only note you don't hold on, is the first one (make it staccato). The rest with a big space you hold. Sort of fast tempo. O yeah, if you know anything about bass scales, this is based off of a minor "blues" pentatonic scale.

Thanks, Sam
Just played it quickly on guitar to hear overall melody. Sounds pretty cool (if I'm playing it right!). You could possibly throw in some slides and hammer ons to add character. With distortion, using slides would give it a "sludgy" sound, which would probably sound good with some razor sharp lead guitar over the top. Nothing crazy, just something to have a contrast with. But then again, I don't really know what I'm talking about...
I'm making improvements...The tab is now in 4/4, with one "-" being an eight note (not including the numbers...so 7-5--...would be eight quarter...).

G|--------------|7-7--7-5-------|
D|-------3--5--|-----------7-6--|
A|5---5--------|-----------------|
E|--------------|-----------------|

and i added a guess for a guitar melody...now way to know if it is good...cause i don't even play a guitar so someone help me...

First measure: Dminor on the first note, Dminor on the second note, Fminor on the third note, and GMajor on the last note.

Second measure: Dminor on the first note, Dminor on the third note, CMajor7th on the fourth and AFlatMajor on the last note.

If you don't get that...ask me for me details...but guitarists try that out...keeping in mind a D minor pentatonic scale.