so i got about $140 worth of gift certificates to a local music store in my area.. but i dont know what is should get.... so im looking for some ideas.

my current gear includes.

fender squire
epi les paul
line 6 spider 3, 30 wattm, 10"
digitech metalmaster
digitech df7

ive been playing for about a year and half.
i like to play rock/metal stuff. huge fan of tool.

at this point im unsure of what i should get or need at this point. so im hoping for some ideas. im gonna go poke around in there this weekend.

edit: i should also say i dont mind spending some extra cash
Last edited by chrisb62 at Jan 31, 2008,
Maybe you should get something to record with, if you jive that way.
There is poetry in despair.
save up another $60, and get a Digitech Whammy... then send it to me if you decide you don't want it anymore.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
hm... i do enjoy recording videos, for like youtube or my buddys...

and it does suck sound wise getting it on my computer... is there soemthing that would help with that?
i think my friend runs his PA system like a mixer, and it has like, a USB connection on it or something? but yeah, if you get a mixer with a USB interface and some software like Sony ACID, you should be able to do some pretty high quality recordings.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Quote by chrisb62
hm... i do enjoy recording videos, for like youtube or my buddys...

and it does suck sound wise getting it on my computer... is there soemthing that would help with that?

yes, buy an interface for sound
Last edited by Crimson Ghost at Jan 31, 2008,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Sell your metalmaster and df-7 and amp and use that money and buy a new amp.

lol ya, i really dont like my amp.. terrible tone. but i do like the df-7
MXR EVH Flanger

Naa just kidding but its a fun pedal could be worth it or a delay pedal or maybe a phaser for your solos to have a cool effect? or use the money to upgrade your pickups or take some advanced lessons to help you where you're struggling?
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Sell your metalmaster and df-7 and amp and use that money and buy a new amp.

What he said.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Quote by chrisb62
lol ya, i really dont like my amp.. terrible tone. but i do like the df-7

Then don't sell that one. Get a nice tube amp like a 5 watter. Maybe a Crate V8 or Peavey Royal 8 or one of those new Blackhearts. You will hear the sounds coming out of them and suddenly not like your df-7 I think.
Sell the amp, metal pedal, and whichever of the guitars you like less (unless you like them both!) and get a nicer amp. Mabye a Palomino V16?
sell the amp, and all pedals and get a small tube amp or just sell the metal master and amp ON EBAY not to gutiar center b.c they will rip you off big time and get a valve JR or a crate those are amazing
Go to have music store the certificate works for and ask a guy if he's willing to sell ou $200 worth of guitar picks for just $140 and see what they say.
Get pickups. I had a squier and I put EMGs Actives on it. It really becomes a whole new guitar and I would say it was the single best investment I made for that guitar.