Page 1 of 2
What if Ron Paul didn't get the gop nomination but still had enough support in Texas to get everyone in Tx to withdraw from the Union? With his new policies and Texas with its many resources, we could be a good little state to live in. I think it would make living here way better. Lower taxes and more freedom.
nah, Texas should stay
"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Originally Posted by shreddin_frets
I've never played guiar before. Is it communist?
Yeah, we should secede. Then we should take over mexico!
Quote by Mudmen190

Stare at her intensively, with your hand on your crotch.
congradulations sir, thats the dumbest idea I'v heard all day

not only would the gov't pounce all over them but all federal aid would stop and
make your utopian dream into a 3rd world sh|thole

but on the bright side, lasso related deaths would drop dramaticly in the united states
Last edited by JAS1121 at Jan 31, 2008,
Hm...let me think about it

NO
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Let's kick out California instead.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I'd go with you guys. I love freedom, and I just don't have enough in America.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Holy dog ****. Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down.
Quote by Slavik
Holy dog ****. Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down.

I hope you're just quoting Full Metal Jacket and not being serious.

Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by musicianamedave
Nobody likes Ron Paul as much as you think they do.
Correct!

Hate to break it to ya, TS, but Ron Paul doesn't have a shot in hell at the Presidency, and he's totally bat**** anyway. And do you really think the rest of the Union would just stand by and let Texas withdraw? Here, allow me to direct your attention to the last time this happened...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_civil_war
Quote by Jackal58

California by itself would be an interesting country...

But yeah, Texas is amazing. We don't need them Yankees down here.
No, I'm a die hard Texan, but it would be a dumb move. The whole reason we were ever independent is because we wanted to be part of the union. Sam Houston, Texas' own president wanted to be part of the union.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by pinkhaze29
*facepalm*

I second the notion.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by rodyrdz
What if Ron Paul didn't get the gop nomination but still had enough support in Texas to get everyone in Tx to withdraw from the Union? With his new policies and Texas with its many resources, we could be a good little state to live in. I think it would make living here way better. Lower taxes and more freedom.

like what?

EDIT:
Quote by Jackal58

what if we then induct the Samoa's as a state eh?

just because their name is way cooler than california.
Last edited by skaguitarist53 at Jan 31, 2008,
Quote by skaguitarist53
like what?

tumble weeds, those slightly-north-of-the-border tortilla chips, ......and....uh....
Quote by voteforpedro36
Nobody likes Texas anyhow... sorry guys.

Must...not...flame...
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
I wouldnt have a problem with that to be honest.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
If Texas was to become an independent nation, no one could call America the fattest country anymore.

I'm for it.
WTF. NO.

I like being in the states, thank you very much. Plus we were a country already.. most of us knew what happened after that.

To know another is to know a universe of others...
Sometimes a soul must wander to truly know it is home.

Andrew McMahon
Sorry to get historical on your ass,
but as Abraham Lincoln said, it was Illeagal to succeed (withdraw) because if states were allowed to succeed then their would be no democracy but an anarchy with no government, so it would only be officially rebelling from the states which would start a war

i am in 8th grade American history, this was an opportunity i could'nt pass up to actually use something from it
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
The Last time it withdrew it didn't have a commander in chief at all. thats why it failed but with a good leader it is possible to make it work. We could open up the border if we needed workers too.
Go for it Texas, we'll just hostilely take over your territory and you'll have less freedom for acting out like a 5 year old.
What happened the first time states tried to secede?

Right.

And the entire Southern half of the country was quite a bit bigger than Texas.
Dickless.
Quote by rodyrdz

We are the only state that can do it too. We really have no need to. What would be our purpose i leaving the United States? Until I hear some good reasons, I would hope not.

EDIT: Pre-Civil war, the battle of San Jacinto was fought for our initial freedom from Mexico. We became a Republic then. Shortly after we joined the United States, then left years later to join the confederacy. We are the only State in the US that I believe is allowed to leave as terms of our joining. and coincidentally, I live right next to the Texas independence monument in Lynchburg.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Last edited by rebeltildeth87 at Jan 31, 2008,
There's no point. States already have a lot of power. They can't do ridiculous things that go against the constitution, but that still gives them a lot of leeway.

If the whole of Texas were to say they were leaving the U.S. and starting a new country, everyone else would just laugh at them and nothing would happen.
Ron Paul supporters vandalized my town.

He's got a cult following I tell you!
Quote by Jminnich500
yea last week me and my freind kyle were in the bathroom at school and this kid was takin a **** so we decided to make a piss arch over the stall and onto his face...it was priceless
Quote by Ardie12
Sorry to get historical on your ass,
but as Abraham Lincoln said, it was Illegal to succeed (withdraw) because if states were allowed to succeed then their would be no democracy but an anarchy with no government, so it would only be officially rebelling from the states which would start a war

i am in 8th grade American history, this was an opportunity i couldn't pass up to actually use something from it

Are you smarter than an eighth grader?
(I fixed your spelling and punctuation errors btw)
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by garden of grey
^

Austin is worse, the rEVOLution thing is spray painted everywhere there lol

Tell me about it man...
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
Quote by rodyrdz

Good lord dear sir, what a load of poppycock.

1. Ron paul doesnt have enough support in texas to be widely accepted.
2. Texans wouldn't withdraw from the union.
3. Ron paul, isnt stupid enough to withdraw from the union.
4. Texas doesnt have THAT many recourses.

So please explain to me, How Texas would be better off, Why There would be lower taxes, and where you got this brilliant Idea?
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Page 1 of 2