I got the 1987x ReIssue from Marshall. Kick*** amp and everything but the dang thing blew an HT fuse on me the other day while I was being an idiot and running it into the same outlet as a computer. One of the tubes is now faulty. I'm gonna put Kt66's in it(a la Jimi Hendrix).

I don't wanna have to take it to a shop to get it biased and I relatively know how to bias an amp but I don't know where the bias knob for this one is(in chassis maybe). But I am tired of taking my amps to the shop to get em fixed. I know theres lethal voltage and you cab die but how do these guys get trained anyways? Any thoughts on my plan?
Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn Limited Edition Acoustic
~MARSHALL 1987X REISSUE~
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss Super Overdrive
Original Crybaby
Boss Blues Driver
They look like this:
http://waynereno.com/Bias_Test_Points_files/bias_pot.jpg
http://www.mojaveampworks.com/1Amplifiers/Plexi45/bias.jpg

Since you relatively know how to do it, it shouldn't be a problem. You'll only need a multimeter of some sorts and a small flathead screwdriver with rubber/plastic handle. As for the voltage, just don't touch anything when it's on, and when your adjusting the bias pot be very careful and keep one hand in your pocket. Good Luck
Last edited by Gutch220 at Feb 1, 2008,
I'd like to ask an unrelated question if I may.

How do you think your Plexi sounds in compairison to JCM's?
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
arent the 1987x's known for blowing Transformers? maybe you should get that checked out, maybe thats also a problem?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
it hasnt blown a transformer i dont think, because it still turns on just fine and warms up the tubes. but the other dude, i havent heard a jcm in person so i couldnt tell you how they compare to my plexi. but if you get the 1959 or 1997x you wont be disappointed, im tellin you
Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul
~MARSHALL 1987X REISSUE~
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss Super Overdrive
Original Crybaby
Boss Blues Driver
thanks for those pics and the help gutch!
Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul
~MARSHALL 1987X REISSUE~
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss Super Overdrive
Original Crybaby
Boss Blues Driver
it is widely known that he used kt66 in his marshall super leads
Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul
~MARSHALL 1987X REISSUE~
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss Super Overdrive
Original Crybaby
Boss Blues Driver
he used them basically his entire career. i dont know what tubes he was using in his fender in the studio though, but live he always used kt66 tubes
Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul
~MARSHALL 1987X REISSUE~
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss Super Overdrive
Original Crybaby
Boss Blues Driver
Where did you dig this up? This is the first I EVER heard of such a thing, anywhere. Ever.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.