So...I currently play the trumpet in my school concert and jazz bands which are awesome. I am first trumpet, and for several of the songs, I gotta play some high notes, like up to C off the staff (which many of you will probably deem not that high ). So, you guys got any exercises or techniques for me to do so i can improve my range pretty quickly?
hmm.. i used to play trumpet but i dont remember how to now. so sorry, im not that much help.
Quote by webbtje
I'd give myself buttsecks, because I have a small penis.

www.myspace.com/southeastexit
My Band. Check it out.
its metal/electronica
practice playing pedal tones, the lower you can go, the higher you can go
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
I had this same problem man.
What i would do is play a chromatic scale slowly and keep going until I hit the C and then i sustain is for a while. After a while it will come easy to you and you will be able to hit on the spot
hope that helped
just keep trying till u get it, u just need a stronger amisher(dont know if i spelled that right)
Quote by theacousticpunk
practice playing pedal tones, the lower you can go, the higher you can go

Exactly. Just practice man. Whatever you do, do not push the horn harder against your lips. Bad plan. Oh and join the group in my sig
Gear List is too long to sig.

JOIN THE TRUMPET PLAYERS ALLIANCE!
Quote by Supertait
^yeah that would be the problem here, they're a few tiles short of a roof and wouldnt undertand.

Lol^^
Miles Davis did.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by ozzy247
I had this same problem man.
What i would do is play a chromatic scale slowly and keep going until I hit the C and then i sustain is for a while. After a while it will come easy to you and you will be able to hit on the spot
hope that helped

i'd recommend not doing that. it may have worked for you, but that's not the best idea. someone already said the answer and believe it or not its to play low notes. work on those pedal tones and be able to sustain those and have a nice full sound. i can play up to the 3rd G above middle C now. trust me it works.
Thanks guys.
Yo littel, that group looks sick! I've always thought that trumpets were underappreciated.
Btw, what are pedal tones? I've heard of bell tones, but never pedal tones
I play first in marching band, and can hit the second G above the staff. What I do is slurring exercises. For example, play a G, slur down to C, then back up. Move down chromatically. Every pattern should have the same fingerings.

000, 020, 100, 120, 023, 103, 123
I play trumpet. i don't have anything helpful to say, but i play trumpet.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.