I wasn't sure where to put this so I put it here, if its in the wrong place just ask me and I'll move it.

So I've been playing guitar for about 10 months, practicing anywhere from 5 min to 18 hours. I've got all the basics down, and my usual routine is to learn a song, and if it has a solo try to play it, but if its too hard just skip over it and learn a new song, I know a lot of songs now. I was wondering what are some good (Beginner/Intermediate) solos to learn that will improve my solo'ing.

I can play the intro solo to One, Smells Like Teen Spirit, and Santeria no problem if that helps.

Thanks.
Any advice is appreciated
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Last edited by CFH82 at Jan 31, 2008,
The first one from Fade to Black and the first one from Master of Puppets (both by Metallica) work for me.

Maybe Whole Lotta Love, if that's your musical style. Sunshine of Your Love was one of Slash's first ones.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
I have just general advice. Don't do that.

Skipping over the hard parts of songs just makes you a wimp.

Take the time to learn the solo. Start by slowing it down, just take it one note at a time. Figure out the rhythms and notes, and then just learn it. Once you can play it at a slow speed, gradually speed it up, until you can play it up to speed.
So, let's learn the solos from Through the Fire and the Flames, shall we? Three, maybe four years of that everyday and we can maybe get it that fast. Wee.

Or we can play simple solos to get the basics down and actually understand how to solo and such instead of wasting all that time on one song. Call me a wimp, but I'll do it my way, thanks.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Stairway. Nice and easy.

After that, learn the solo for Bat Country by A7X.

Next learn something from All That Remains.

Then learn Glasgow Kiss by John Petrucci.

Then take on some Dragonforce.

FREEBIRD!

Finally, become the most skilled guitarist in the world.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee

Next learn something from All That Remains.

Right now I'm in the process of learning Six by them and thats sorta why I posted this, I can play (almost) perfect until the solo, then I just screw up horribly.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by CFH82
Right now I'm in the process of learning Six by them and thats sorta why I posted this, I can play (almost) perfect until the solo, then I just screw up horribly.

Just keep at it. It's a great solo to learn. Probably one of my favorite songs to play right now.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.