Hey guys, first post, i've been lurking awhile. Any way, I found an ESP/LTD viper 400 in a pawnshop the other day, and i put it on layaway. It retails for anywhere from $500-$600. I found it hardly used at this pawn shop for only $310! It has EMG 81/85 pick ups, which is how i knew it was an upper line ESP. It has a set neck, and grover tuners. I should have pictures within a week. so, opinions? i played each fret on each string, w/ amp on and off, no fret buzz on either. anyone payed this model?
Get it.

/thread
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Good buy. Does it fit your style?

Also...are you sure they're actives? And are you sure it's a -400? I wouldn't put it past some pawnshop owners to take a -50 Viper and put some passive EMG's in it.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Good buy. Does it fit your style?

Also...are you sure they're actives? And are you sure it's a -400? I wouldn't put it past some pawnshop owners to take a -50 Viper and put some passive EMG's in it.

It's pretty hard to mix them up, as it says the model name right there on the 12th fret.

I'd say get it. I own one myself. Awesome guitar in every way possible.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
yes, it fits my style, i play mostly metal. and yes, they are actives.
Quote by mafropetee
It's pretty hard to mix them up, as it says the model name right there on the 12th fret.

I'd say get it. I own one myself. Awesome guitar in every way possible.

Checking twice never hurt anyone, mate. $310 is still a lot of money.
believe me, its a 400. i must've looked at the 12th fret about 15 times, i tested it out for over an hour
Oh, I believe you. I'm just suggesting a little general caution when buying from a pawn shop. Or used, in general. Good find, congrats.