Page 1 of 2
Yeah so I'm having a bit of a problem. So my parents found out I drink/smoke pot about 2 months ago when I went to the hospital, and the doctor told me to stop drinking to prevent my disease (pancreatitis) from flaring up again. He said the marijuana doesn't affect my disease but I should stop regardless. My parents recently found my lighters AFTER raiding through my drawers, my backpack, and my room while I was crashing at a friend's house.

My parents confronted me about them a few days ago and asked me if I'm doing any of the stuff again.I said no and they then said they trust me. I then took my lighters back and put them in my drawer. This was a pretty big invasion of privacy, but I kept quiet regardless since they do so much for me.

Now I discovered today that my lighters are gone again, which means my parents were lying and don't really trust me. I appreciate everything they're doing for me, such as providing food and clothes and everything, but don't you think they are wrong for doing this? Should I confront them myself about how they invade my privacy?
it's their job to make sure that you grow up healthy blah,blah,blah

which means that you have no privacy

just try not to screw up anything for a while and they will start to trust you again
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
their house, their rules.
"How to fly: Hurl yourself at the ground and miss."
-Douglas Adams
Pround member of the Motley Crue club.
youre in their house...

their rules

add to that the fact that you are their child

and as the dude above me said its their job to make sure you grow up healthy

especially since you have pancreatitis and the doctor said the drinking affects it

they wont stop

my mom did it to me and eventually sent me away to a rehab placement camp
my parents found lighters, lots of hard liqure, and beer in me and my sisters rooms...also found lots of beer in the trash..one in the mail box(people are dumb) 2 differant times cause we had parties...and they say jack ****..they act like they know nothing..its a nice system. but if i were you i proble wouldnt say anything at least not unless you know they are looking around your room again, then i might say something.
you cant do much about it, i mean, i dont do any of that stuff and my parents still search my stuff. i mean its either live with it or leave
You should tell them using only interpretive dance and a sitar.
I believe in Rock and Roll. Can I get an Amen?

Quote by rizo299
A drunk guy on the the bus asked me if i remembered the 60's. I told him i was 17 then he told me that everyone remembers the 60's.

I thought about it, and frankly, I couldn't fault his logic.
your doctor is not allowed to tell your parents that things like that. they were sworn not to tell unless they have your permission. i forget what its called. Hippocrati's Oath i think?

but anways don't confront them...get new lighters and hide them better. nothing gets started that way. and if you aren't doing anything like smoking theres no reason you should need lighters unless your a pyro and i'm sure they'd ahve a problem with that to.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
You can have privacy when you're a grown up.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
u dont have rights they're your parents. theyve searched my room for weed and found ****. it sukcs but u just gotta chill down for a while and find amazing hiding spots. like in a bed frame or in a lava lamp
I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow world.

Ibanez RG2 EX1 (Black)
Line 6 Spider II 75w
Sekova Mandolin
Team Custom Traditional 4 string bass
Yamaha E403 keyboard
My Last.fm
Myspace
if you have pancreatitis you shouldnt do that sortof stuff anyways, its just responsibility. if your parents found the lighters in one spot, dont put them back where your parents found them. try hiding **** in the back of your amp if you have to have them

but seriously, no ****ing drugs or alcohol when you have pancreatitis. use your head there
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Yeah, Unless you're 18 you don't have legal counsel over yourself, and they've got legal control.
So they pretty much are you and can make you do what they want.
Which means there is no privacy.
Quote by spiderjerusalem
if you have pancreatitis you shouldnt do that sortof stuff anyways, its just responsibility. if your parents found the lighters in one spot, dont put them back where your parents found them. try hiding **** in the back of your amp if you have to have them

but seriously, no ****ing drugs or alcohol when you have pancreatitis. use your head there

I love your user name. Do you have the sun glasses?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by funkbass369
your doctor is not allowed to tell your parents that things like that. they were sworn not to tell unless they have your permission. i forget what its called. Hippocrati's Oath i think?

he's allowed to tell the parents of a minor, most of the time required to. its mostly built so that only me and my doctor are the ones who know private details, like i have herpes.

and its the Hippocratic oath

Quote by Fenderhippie69
Quote by Jack Off Jill
You can have privacy when you're a grown up.

Seriously, stop your bitching on the internet.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I love your user name. Do you have the sun glasses?

no, ive been looking around for them though

Quote by Fenderhippie69
Quote by funkbass369

but anways don't confront them...get new lighters and hide them better. nothing gets started that way. and if you aren't doing anything like smoking theres no reason you should need lighters unless your a pyro and i'm sure they'd ahve a problem with that to.

Ah, even though you are correct, correct me if I'm wrong though, the doctor is allowed to inform the persons parent or guardian ONLY if the person is under 18.

And to stay on topic, it is rude, but other than that, you've got no case. Your parent's house, their rules, sorry man :/ I feel for yah!
Quote by spiderjerusalem
no, ive been looking around for them though

They used to have ads in Wizard magazine for them. Try ebay.
Quote by vintage x metal

ha ur parents took you to the doctors because you smoked weed? wow thats really gay, what the hell has this world come to?

you: "doctor, i smoke,...marijuana"
doctor: "...haha...sorry. yeah, you shouldnt do that, its...dangerous."

wow
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by voteforpedro36
Seriously, stop your bitching on the internet.

Is this directed towards me or the TS?
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

AWWW HELLL NAHHH. ITS ABOUT TO BREAK NASTY UP IN HEREEE.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I was taken to the doctor because I drank a few beers one night and then I had really bad stomach pains. I also threw up 4 times, and my stomach pains didn't get better. I then asked my parents to take me to the hospital, which is when I discovered I had pancreatitis.

And the only reason I care about the lighters is because 2 of them were zippos. One of them was actually a gift from one of my best friends who has now moved away, so it's something that has sentimental value to me. I have bought bic lighters myself and plenty of my friends have them. It's not hard for me to get my hands on them if I wanted to.

Just them rummaging through my stuff kind of bothered me a bit. But is IS their house, so I will shut up about it.

And the doctors said cigarettes and alcohol will bother my pancreatitis, but not weed. I stopped smoking cigs and drinking alcohol, but I still toke up about once a month. Only on really special occasions.
Quote by funkbass369
AWWW HELLL NAHHH. ITS ABOUT TO BREAK NASTY UP IN HEREEE.

No, no.. I'm just trying to figure out how something I said could be construed as bitching.

Anyway, what you said made me laugh, a lot.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
No, no.. I'm just trying to figure out how something I said could be construed as bitching.

Anyway, what you said made me laugh, a lot.

oh damn...well if you would have E-fought him you would have won haha.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Although I don't know for sure:
To me it seemed as though the "Seriously" was in agreement with your statement, and then he directed the "Stop bitching" towards the TS. It could have be punctuated better though, I agree. haha.
Well, hell.. I need to e-fight someone..

Who is up first?
Quote by vintage x metal

^
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by uvq
no, they are right...
you shouldnt smoke pot...
simple as that..

And you shouldn't be using ellipses so often.

What's your point?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Well, hell.. I need to e-fight someone..

Who is up first?

I guess i'll go first.

Erm...

Your fat.
Like a jar of fat.
So is your mom.

BUUUUUUURRRN
Quote by FelixJZ
I guess i'll go first.

Erm...

Your fat.
Like a jar of fat.
So is your mom.

BUUUUUUURRRN

what you're in for is the equivalent of sticking your wang in a jar of fire ants.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
what you're in for is the equivalent of sticking your wang in a jar of fire ants.

Oh don't worry, I know.
I feel like getting my ass e-pwned. Not sure why,

I'd rather have a fat mother than this as my father. That's right, I was going through your family photo album.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

I'd rather have a fat mother than this as my father. That's right, I was going through your family photo album.

i knew you'd win.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by ilikeguitar90
Yeah so I'm having a bit of a problem. So my parents found out I drink/smoke pot about 2 months ago when I went to the hospital, and the doctor told me to stop drinking to prevent my disease (pancreatitis) from flaring up again. He said the marijuana doesn't affect my disease but I should stop regardless. My parents recently found my lighters AFTER raiding through my drawers, my backpack, and my room while I was crashing at a friend's house.

My parents confronted me about them a few days ago and asked me if I'm doing any of the stuff again.I said no and they then said they trust me. I then took my lighters back and put them in my drawer. This was a pretty big invasion of privacy, but I kept quiet regardless since they do so much for me.

Now I discovered today that my lighters are gone again, which means my parents were lying and don't really trust me. I appreciate everything they're doing for me, such as providing food and clothes and everything, but don't you think they are wrong for doing this? Should I confront them myself about how they invade my privacy?
Maybe.

... or maybe some of their friends gave them a joint,
and they need sumthin to torch that mutha up.
maybe THAT'S why your lighters are missing.
They got stoned and just forgot to put them back.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

I'm just gonna forfeit right now.
Page 1 of 2