But I'm torn as to whether or not I should play guitar or shell out the monies for an acoustic bass.

I think if I did play bass we'd best get a full band. But if I play guitar we'd be fine on our own.

Any suggestions?
Acoustic bass meaning upright bass? Those are cool and have a wonderful sound quality (if you get the right one) but they're frigging big and a pain in the ass to lug around everywhere.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
shell out the "monies" for an acoustic bass if you can find a drummer. if not then just play guitar i guess.

edit: to the guy above me. he means an acoustic bass guitar. looks like an acoustic guitar but with four strings and slightly bigger.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
personally I think you can do more with 2 guitarists. ummm there's not much sense as to buying an acoustic bass....(ever) they are nice tho!
Umm you can more easily express what you want with 2 guitars sooo it's really up to you whether you want to add a fullness to the sound -via acoustic bass, or be more expressive with dos guitaras.

Hope this helps a little bit? :]
I'd say just play guitar. But if you get a drummer, your going to need amplification, which means you'd want an electric bass. Which bass is universally acoustic. (Unless you play with effects) An sideways acoustic bass is going to sound like a bad electric bass. Unless you shelled out quite a bit of "monies" to get a Thunderchief or something of that quality.
WAIT!

I remember a few weeks ago theFitz posted a small blurb about I think it was the Olympus/Olympic/Olympia (or what ever the hell the name was) Thunderchief. It used the small woods, had the small sound-hole. Cost about 300-400 bucks if I remember correctly. At that price you might want to look into getting one.

I'll go look to see if i can find out some mo' about it.
I'd say play the guitar. If you want to buy a bass save up for the Tacoma Thunderchief.
If it's just a 2 piece acoustic band then a bass is pretty much useless, but that's just my opinion.

If you want to expand with a drummer then the tThunderchief is the only option if you want to do some unplugged gigs.

I have a Thunderchief and played it with 2 guitarist, singer and a Djembe and the crowd could still hear me, so that proves the Tacome is the only way to go.
'Have you felt the trembling in your stomach, the bass that leads us there'
And if you can't afford the $1200, the Olympia OB3CE is basically the same product made in Asia with laminate woods instead of solid woods - you get much of the tone and all of the feel for $400.

Other than that, no dice. There's no useable acoustic bass for cheaper.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Another option is to go for a Precision Bass and a smaller amp. I have played with acoustic guitar players with my Pbass and a 35 watt amp and it was a nice sound mix. Much nicer than most of the acoustic or AEB basses I've played.
well find another guitarist then you can play bass.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
I would try out the acoustic bass Fitz has mentioned ...

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

Quote by anarkee
Another option is to go for a Jazz Bass and a smaller amp. I have played with acoustic guitar players with my Pbass and a 35 watt amp and it was a nice sound mix. Much nicer than most of the acoustic or AEB basses I've played.

Corrected n +1 to using a regular bass guitar.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman
Corrected n +1 to using a regular bass guitar.

Jon!! There's something wrong with your keyboard...it typed Jazz when it you were typing Pbass! You should really get that looked at-
P Bass + Flats can be a good combo for accoustic music. A Jazz could be good too.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops
Quote by Wasted Bassist
P Bass + Flats can be a good combo for accoustic music. A Jazz could be good too.

Totally, Jonno. Acoustic guitars typically have 1 home-tone, and the P-Bass/flats combo fits that perfectly. Looks like you need to dust off your old Harvest Moon CD.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..