Page 1 of 2
Specs:
2.8GHz Pentium 4
512MB RAM
120GB Hard Drive
nVidia GeForce FX 5200XT 3d AGP Graphics.

See? Low end....
Basically, please suggest me the best game you can think of, BUT:
The smaller size the game (I'm got 80GB of space, but I want to use as little as possible), and the less resources required, the better!
I'm sick of running good games on **** specs, I just want a great game.

Please help guys!
I'm a total game virgin, bar Far Cry. 0.0
Gore AND Core; unite!
SNES emulate... forget everything i just said. umm... addictinggames.com?
You can run most games if you put em on low quality. I have the exact same setup (except the hard drive). If you're looking for good fun in sessions of maybe 20 mins to an hour before it gets repetitive try Counter Strike. Any one of them will do though all the leet people moved to source it seems =[.
ummm Serious Sam, it didn't take much to run it even when it first came out, it's story-less FPS just shooting and shooting...

depends what kind of game your looking for I can think of about of dozen older games that are still decent to play these days.
dude...get Morrowind, as long as your into that style, that game will keep you hooked for months or longer. I still play mine and ive already beat it. Its got like 100 hours just in story, and not counting the billions of stuff you can do on the side. Morrowind is probably the best game ever to hit PC. And those that say Oblivion is better, well, its only better in Graphics, gameplay and story wise, not so much
Mount and Blade
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
need for speed underground 2, halo 1, quake, star wars jedi academy, SW knights of the old republic, medal of honor allied assault, half life.

if i can run this in a 256mb of ram u can do it. (and i have a 34mb ATI video card so...)
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Diablo II
Half-life (And all its glorious mods like CS and TFC)
Starcraft

End thread
oh i forgot soulreaver, blood omen,
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
starcraft, warcraft, age of empires, age of mythology
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
lego star wars, empire at war
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Quote by magnum1117
starcraft, warcraft, age of empires, age of mythology

These are all good choices. However, Starcraft and Warcraft will have a large amount of online players, so I'd recommend one of them first (Starcraft, because I dislike the endless Dota playing in WC).
true i forgot doom...i have a year since i played all of the games i said over there...stupid school...stupid girlfriend...
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
If you can find it then get Battle Zone

Awesome game.... old too!
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Unreal is a decent older fps. its not even *that* dated looking (pretty dated looking tho)

Duke Nukem 3D!

that game made generations of geeks believe females had square nipples.

...then came the internet...
Umm runescape?!?!

/Kidding

Sad I'm maxed out .
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Thanks guys.
I forgot to mention, the game is (not ) going to be (il)legally (downloaded)purchased.

So that rules out Counter-Strike, doesn't it?
Gore AND Core; unite!
Last edited by Daisy_Ramirez_ at Jan 31, 2008,
Quote by Cobalt Blue
ummm Serious Sam, it didn't take much to run it even when it first came out, it's story-less FPS just shooting and shooting...

depends what kind of game your looking for I can think of about of dozen older games that are still decent to play these days.

Serious Sam is great, non-stop, frenzied action.
Age of Mythology?
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Master Of Orion 2... if you like turn based strategy..
and I forgot about the Jedi Knight series, get Jedi Outcast, i played through that game like 8 times.
Those specs aren't that bad. I mean sure its not a gaming machine but the processor is at least decent. Up the RAM and Video card and you're set for some sweet games.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Starcraft! One of the gratest games ever and it can run on a gameboy!
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Battlefield 1942 would be great. It's like 4 years old or so, but still has a huge online base and modding community.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Thanks a lot guys.
I'm currently in the process of (downloading) buying SWAT 4, (il)legally of course.

Keep the suggestions up though!
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Lead guitarist
If your into FPS:
http://www.americasarmy.com
Quite a realistic shooting game
Search google for "version 2.6 special forces" because you couldn't run the newest version smoothly.

http://www.tremulous.com
Fun game you can run no matter how crap your computer is

http://www.runescape.com
If you've never played this game before, enjoy months or even years of wasted life.

I wasted so much of my life on Runescape as a child... I was late getting back to school at lunch each and every day... But hell, what did I care, I could smith mithril. Yeah, I pwned =).

hahaha, yeah, as lame as Runescape is, it is really fun if you haven't played it hours on end before.

Ummmm... OH! okay, here's some good games and ratings I'd give them:

Heretic 8/10
Outwars 8.5/10
The Ship 9.8/10
Guild Wars 9.9/10 (because of how addicted I was to it)
If you can find it, Total Annihilation.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
ur comp is better than mine
i dont even have pentium. i have celeron :/
play kart rider, its so freakin addictive once your good, cause nubs hate you for bein pro
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Juat download Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved from a torrent.

Geometry Wars = More win than any other XBL Arcade game could possibly dish out.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Why the hell has nobody mentioned Quake 3?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Hasn't even been said yet, I'm amazed:

Halo 1 for PC!
It's like 20 bucks nowadays, and tons of people still play online, and its one of the most fun FPSs i've ever played.
Quote by millerdrr
you caught me making a mistake on extremely basic theory, WHILE making a mistake regarding corporate philosophy. you earned the bag, and you single-handedly force me to retract all of my "Canada Blows" propaganda. you>me
I thought by low-end you meant Pong low-end.

There's a whole world of incredible games that don't require a gigabyte video card.

Try:
Baldur's Gate series
Age of Empires series
Time Commando
Jedi Knight

Personal favorites
Page 1 of 2