I recently started playing and im looking to play everday now and its a pian since my cousin who always tunes it for me lives kinda far so now im gonna buy a tuner but unsure of which to buy. My price range is about 35-40$ max but i want a good enough one to get the job done. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-Dan
my korg one works fine. so does my friends ibanez tuner

idk model numbers

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

korg ca40

its pretty cheap, and is chromatic (can calibrate to any note not just thestandard tuning) and accurate.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Quote by rhakiath
korg ca40

its pretty cheap, and is chromatic (can calibrate to any note not just thestandard tuning) and accurate.

I own this tuner too and it's great.
If you're gonna get a tuner, make sure to get a chromatic tuner. It's much more versatile. The Korg CA-40 is awesome. You can find it for less than $25, too!
Can't go wrong with Korg usually (in tuners and metronomes).
Keep it mind though, that if you always use tuners you will not likely develop the skill needed to tune it by ear.
I would always recommend tuning by ear first as well as you can, then tune up with the tuner if you have time.
After a couple of months you will see you don't even need the tuner anymore, and who knows, you might even get exact hearing.
Quote by Dylan_IE
Can't go wrong with Korg usually (in tuners and metronomes).
Keep it mind though, that if you always use tuners you will not likely develop the skill needed to tune it by ear.
I would always recommend tuning by ear first as well as you can, then tune up with the tuner if you have time.
After a couple of months you will see you don't even need the tuner anymore, and who knows, you might even get exact hearing.

That's a good idea. The CA-40 has a feature to play a reference tone to the note that you need. You can use this feature to tune by ear.
The Korg TM-40 also has a built in metronome, so if you have none yet that might be a good alternative, otherwise the CA-30 looks perfectly usable as well.
Thank you all for the help, I ordered the korg ca-30 this morning, wish I coulda got the 40 but they were out until the 18th
Yes the ga 30 is a great little tuner and works fine just dont drop it, they are not very durable when they hit hardwood floors.
I have a Seiko SAT500 I got for $25 new at GC. Very accurate, has cent numbers so you can really dial in exact tuning.

Othewise, I'd recommend the old standard Boss TU12, but that's around $70. They're perfect, accurate and guys that bought them in the 80s are still using theirs today, they last forever.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
i have a Dean Markley brand new pt-13 pedal tuner from 47 bucks shipped, best your gunna get in that price range, its unopened
I use a GA-30 Korg. it works well enough for general tuning purposes. i dont really need anything special, so it suits me just fine.