Awesome. Spider Valves are great amps. And the cabs use V30's.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
Awesome. Spider Valves are great amps. And the cabs use V30's.

i disagree. get a peavey head
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
BAD! no. so many better in a cheaper price range.... The line 6 really wouldn't let the SG show through tone wise. i think you'd be better off going for a pure tube amp, not a tube modelling amp. best bet would be an all tube combo amp
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
nice choice on the guitar. bad choice on the amp (well i didn't like it). what genre(s) do you want to play/what kind of tone are you going after? or maybe just go down to guitar center or any guitar store and try some out for yourself?
You guys are forgetting. The Spider Valve is a whole new beast. It's ALL TUBE. It's not a hybrid or anything. The problem with the Spider III was tone, and that's what the Spider Valve fixed, and fixed very well I might add.

I doubt any of you have actually played the thing *sigh*
Quote by climhazzard
nice choice on the guitar. bad choice on the amp (well i didn't like it). what genre(s) do you want to play/what kind of tone are you going after? or maybe just go down to guitar center or any guitar store and try some out for yourself?

did a pretty lot of research, talked to A LOT of people, and line 6 was highly recommended. Zeppelin, Stones, The Dead, The Beatles. OThat genre, and some harder stuff such as ACDC, and some of today's rock area such as Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters
Quote by ebozek14
did a pretty lot of research, talked to A LOT of people, and line 6 was highly recommended. Zeppelin, Stones, The Dead, The Beatles. OThat genre, and some harder stuff such as ACDC, and some of today's rock area such as Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters

well, as i said, try it out for yourself. but also try out a lot of other amps, and see what you prefer. i didn't care for it when i tried it; to me, it was better than the former spider series, but not by that much -- and certainly not enough to justify the pricetag, especially since there are so many other great amps out there. anyway, i was just giving you some advice as you asked for it. take it or leave it.

Quote by mafropetee
You guys are forgetting. The Spider Valve is a whole new beast. It's ALL TUBE. It's not a hybrid or anything. The problem with the Spider III was tone, and that's what the Spider Valve fixed, and fixed very well I might add.

I doubt any of you have actually played the thing *sigh*

just because something's ALL TUBE doesn't mean it's the greatest sounding thing on the planet. nor does it mean that's it's gonna kick ass in any way. tube amps get a good rep because there are many great sounding ones out there...doesn't mean that bad sounding ones don't exist. hell, were i to stick with line6, i'd much prefer a vetta or a flextone to the spider valve. both sound quite good and are very versatile..but they're prices are a bit over the top.
and yes, i have played the thing. solely to see how it compared to the former spiders.
Quote by climhazzard
well, as i said, try it out for yourself. but also try out a lot of other amps, and see what you prefer. i didn't care for it when i tried it; to me, it was better than the former spider series, but not by that much -- and certainly not enough to justify the pricetag, especially since there are so many other great amps out there. anyway, i was just giving you some advice as you asked for it. take it or leave it.

just because something's ALL TUBE doesn't mean it's the greatest sounding thing on the planet. nor does it mean that's it's gonna kick ass in any way. tube amps get a good rep because there are many great sounding ones out there...doesn't mean that bad sounding ones don't exist. hell, were i to stick with line6, i'd much prefer a vetta or a flextone to the spider valve. both sound quite good and are very versatile..but they're prices are a bit over the top.
and yes, i have played the thing. solely to see how it compared to the former spiders.

Well then I wasn't addressing you, now was I? I was addressing the many people (and I know there are plenty of them) who assume just because it says Spider that it's still a piece of junk. Some might still not like it, but I've played it, and it's an awesome sounding amp, and I know countless people who agree. Still go and play it first before you buy to make sure that YOU like the sound, though.
true some people see line 6 and dont read the whole post.

with that said, that's A Lot of money to spend on that amp.

in that price range, there are a ton of other options that will dial into ur tone better, imo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011