i have $800 and i plan on getting a schecter c-1 hellraiser FR.
but i just recently joined a band.and i JUST bought a roland cube 20x.
and my friend thinks i should split my budget.i dont know what to do.
the 20x is a good practice amp, but it probably won't cut it for playing with a band. What kind of music does your band play?
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by wylde_overdrive
And I'm extremely confused as to what you're asking us...

lol im asking if i should get the hellraiser and use it with my cube20x or split my $800 to get a better amp and an ok guitar
Split the budget in favor of a new amp, if you can get a decent used tube combo you should be set.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The decision is yours to make. Decide how important the band is to you, what kind of gear the other guys have, are you gigging, will you be soon?

It's not like you need a new amp if you've been together like 3days and won't gig for like a year..

But if you're planning on gigging soon then a cube 20 probably won't cut it..
Well 400 bucks isnt going to get you to good of a tube amp (when it comes to playing in a band scenario) and considering you have an amp already id say get the guitar. The only issue is those emgs arent going to sound that great on on a Solid state amp... So your in quite a pickle...
well my first band practice is today,i have an ibanez gsa60 with a dimebucker in the bridge.im leaning on getting the guitar,then selling my old gear,ibanez and marshall mg10cd.then maybe my xbox 360 and i should have around$400 more or less.
Quote by devilmaycrykid
well my first band practice is today,i have an ibanez gsa60 with a dimebucker in the bridge.im leaning on getting the guitar,then selling my old gear,ibanez and marshall mg10cd.then maybe my xbox 360 and i should have around$400 more or less.

The only Decent Tube Amp i can think of for 400 Might be an Epiphone Vavle Junior. Nice little amp, but im still not entirely sure if that would cut it in a band.
Quote by Tubyboulin
The only Decent Tube Amp i can think of for 400 Might be an Epiphone Vavle Junior. Nice little amp, but im still not entirely sure if that would cut it in a band.

50W should be enough and if not he can always mic it.
But I say spend more and get a better amp, its more important.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
5W should be enough and if not he can always mic it.
But I say spend more and get a better amp, its more important.

I tried a EVJ today and through a 2x12 cranked it wasn't uncomfortable to stand next to. It'd be ok for mic'ing it up but on its own (i.e. band practice) it won't be enough.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Tubyboulin
The only Decent Tube Amp i can think of for 400 Might be an Epiphone Vavle Junior.

Only if you have to have it brand new, within 5 seconds of searching on ebay I've found several good tube amps for under $400.

Used tube combo, it's the best way to go if you want bang for your buck.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Tube Combo, dude.

AMP = 75% or more of your tone.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Use that money to get a used tube combo. It's not that hard to find a good cheap one. I'm heading over on Sunday to pick up a Carvin Legacy 2x12 that I'm buying for $450.

Then use whatever is left, as well as some saving up if needed, to buy a new guitar. Trust me, that will make you (and your band) much happier.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.