im saving up for one of the two p-basses.
Do u like the Highway one or the new american standard?
I kinda like the H1 more tho cuz ive seen and heard them but never got to play one. Also ive never heard or played a american standard
You stole my Overture
Well... basically the American is the H1... just more. More options, higher quality, etc. If you're looking at which one's better almost every time you'll say American. Ask 100 bass players for a blind test of which is better and the discriminating ones will go for the American. It's a better bass. The price tag shows that too.
from what i hear the AS is just a H1 with more money put into its exterior (finsh wood etc)
Besides im prob gonna a H1 since its under a grand
ty for the help
You stole my Overture
Actually, it's better to think of the H1 as an AS with much less money put into its exterior, wood quality, and components. They took an American Series and cut every corner to make it as cheap as possible (while still being a Fender), not the inverse. They're trying to give the H1 it's own identity with the Badass bridge and greasebucket tone control, but the H1 doesn't string through the body or have graphite support rods in the neck. Not saying it's a bad bass, but it's essentially a poor man's American Standard - or at least the first run was. It still hasn't quite stood on it's own yet.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
The H1? Interesting - found no mention of it on the specs sheet or description on the Fender website.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I just grabbed the book from my H1, i'm assuming the J and P basses have the same neck features.. But yes it does have a graphite reinforced neck
Hmm, well, there you go. Funny Fender wouldn't mention it in the specs sheet.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
They have been doing a lot of work to improve the H1s, haven't they?
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
i'm pretty sure they have..
mines a late 2007 model.
i don't wanna try to sound all smart and stuff about H1's. but this is a huge improvement from the original model.
With the upgrades they've given the American Standard series I think that is definately the way to go. The higher mass bridge, lighter tuners, and better hardshell case are just a few of the improvements.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Are the american's string through aye? I never knew that,

Personally, I've always fancied the P-bass with the humbucker, I mean, it's gonna be the same in most respects, but you have that extra option if you want to change the sound.
Then you'd want the American Deluxe P bass.

Bridge bucker, jazz neck, heftier price tag.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman
Then you'd want the American Deluxe P bass.

Bridge bucker, jazz neck, heftier price tag.

I'm pretty sure it still has a P neck, unless I'm mistaken. It felt more like a P neck, to me.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I have a 2005 MIA standard and it's fantastic, I can only assume the new ones will be just as good, if not better.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!