Well, I was playing an ESP in Sam Ash, and the strings were really slippery. It was easier to play and move around on the neck and across the strings.

Was it the types of strings, or was it a lubricant or something? If you know, please tell me, cause I really liked the feel.
live to play live
i got some stuff called Fast Fret, it sounds like that guitar had something similar used on it. you just wipe it on the strings, then wipe off the excess, and shred.
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
I use that, and I actually don't like it. Well for your purposes.

It almost slows me down. It tends to make the strings almost sticky. But it makes them sound almost brand new.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
they might be elixer polyweb strings. i had a set of them once and they are really slick. i know some companies use them for stock strings. it could also be fast fret lubricant.
Quote by TheShubes
i got some stuff called Fast Fret, it sounds like that guitar had something similar used on it. you just wipe it on the strings, then wipe off the excess, and shred.

fast fret kicks ass, iunno about them making the strings slippery, they just feel clean to me, but i love the stuff
I'm currently using Dunlop Ultraglide, Ive used Fast Fret in the past but the applicator was cumbersome, and the strings became to sticky.
Yeah, I don't want sticky strings. I'll check out the Ultraglide and those Elixir strings.
live to play live
I swear ESP mandates that fast fret crap. Most of the ones I play in shops have it, particular the cheaper models. Elixir are also slick, but feel odd, and in my experience are a bit prone to tuning issues as they like to slip at the bridge and nut, and are very hard to get working well with Floyds in my experience.
Quote by ALittlesEnough
Yeah, I don't want sticky strings. I'll check out the Ultraglide and those Elixir strings.

Fast Fret only makes them sticky if you don't use it right. If you apply it and wipe off the excess it works great.
Last edited by ofdwolf at Feb 1, 2008,
I think I am gonna' get the Elixir strings cause its probably the easiest way to get that feel and it got some great reviews on Musicians Friend.

My only question, are they worth the price?
live to play live
Sometimes the fretboard oil I use (Gerlitz Guitar Honey) can make the strings slick.

I hate it. I like a little friction between my fingers and the strings.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by guns_rosesldb
they might be elixer polyweb strings. i had a set of them once and they are really slick. i know some companies use them for stock strings. it could also be fast fret lubricant.

+1 though i tried a set of polyweb on my acoustic which i usually had nanoweb with and honestly the polyweb just played like crap and didn't last quite so long and i don't know why it was and have never been able to figure it out.

edit: FUCING HELL. another dead thread revived by poshguitars ****ing great just what we need more dead threads being revived.
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jun 5, 2009,
Quote by ofdwolf
Fast Fret only makes them sticky if you don't use it right. If you apply it and wipe off the excess it works great.

Tis!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
semen?
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Yeah, who is this Posh Guitar guy ahha

I use Fast Fret. If you don't use it right (how can you not use it right?), it will get sticky. I use this just for a quick cleanup and if my slides aren't as smooth.

But I agree that the applicator can be a bitch at times. But it does what it says.
Quote by ALittlesEnough
I think I am gonna' get the Elixir strings cause its probably the easiest way to get that feel and it got some great reviews on Musicians Friend.

My only question, are they worth the price?

yes, longest lasting strings on the planet, worth every penny!