My background is always white. No matter what I set it as, it turns white.

When I turn on my computer it shows the background I pick, then it highlights all of my icons, turns white, and un highlights them.

i would google fu ck you but you are a Dec 04er so you should know by extinct.

damn i suck at swearing.
i would google fu ck you but you are a Dec 04er so you should know by extinct.

damn i suck at swearing.

I'd tell you how, but I think you just told me to fuck off
Quote by stringmagician
I'd tell you how, but I think you just told me to fuck off

I see what you did there . anyways, are you running Windows XP or Vista? If you're running Linux, you should know how to fix this just because of the fact that you're running Linux.
Every now and then my pc has the error and messes with my background and icons and stuff. I noticed that if: you go to the task manager, end the Explorer.exe process (wait till Explorer closes), and then restart it, Windows will stop messing with the BG.
unplug your computer for 4 hours and dance like a chicken. make sure to record this so you can share it with us.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
LOL.
ok. first. make absolutely sure that you have admin privledges.
then. if you still cannot launch task manager, then turn off your computer. slap it. then, turn it back on. using firefox, set some random picture online as your desktop. (right click on it)
hm, i'm pretty sure if i was sitting at your compy i'd be able to be all like "Well there's your problem!" with a chauvinistic point of my finger. it's always hard to diagnose computer problems over the magic of the interwebs.
Quote by hisjap2003
hm, i'm pretty sure if i was sitting at your compy i'd be able to be all like "Well there's your problem!" with a chauvinistic point of my finger. it's always hard to diagnose computer problems over the magic of the interwebs.

But the magic of the internets is all I have!

when I try task manager it says it has been disabled and I need an administrator to make it work again

who knows how to fix that?
reinstall windows.
orrrr.... login as admin. switch the start menu style to the old school one, and use ophcrack.
Quote by stringmagician
I can't open my task manager, it says I need to be an administrator

I am an administrator! ****! haha

Just wait a few seconds
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by childofsin
reinstall windows.
orrrr.... login as admin. switch the start menu style to the old school one, and use ophcrack.

What will ophcrack do?