http://youtube.com/watch?v=XSenONgVviM

I've been playing for about half a year now. I made some pretty stupid mistakes in the video, but this wasn't a real serious recording.

And could somebody explain the harmonic part to me? I do a squeal at 6th fret with my whammy but I'm pretty sure Kirk does a pinch harmonic... I'm just not sure where.
"What are those wooden things? Chairs?"
"No, they are acoustic instruments."
"Acoustic? What's that? Oh you mean a grampa's guitar?"
"A grampa's guitar? That's for pussies and grampas. I think you know it."

-Metalocalypse
That was sick man, the only iffy part was the whammy bar, try using it on the 4th fret on your bottom string, that's how I do it and it sounds great, or use the the 15th fret on the bottom string and not whammy to much, same result.

Good job.
dude.. how the **** did you manage to play like that after only half a year, you had to be playing longer than that.
Quote by Themann810
whenever im about to bang a chick she turns into a guy WTF why does this happen
I don't believe you've only been playing for half a year in the slightest, but on the other hand there's no need to cover up how long you've really been playing 'cos that was a lot better than I expected.

And I play it with a whammy squeal as you did so carry on, whatever sounds good and feels good.
I'm flattered, but I can assure you that I've only been playing half a year. The electric guitar is not my first instrument, it's my third. I've played piano for 9 years before I quit and have been playing violin for 6.

From tabs on this site, 6th fret squeal harmonic seems popular but I've been trying to figure out how Kirk does it.
"What are those wooden things? Chairs?"
"No, they are acoustic instruments."
"Acoustic? What's that? Oh you mean a grampa's guitar?"
"A grampa's guitar? That's for pussies and grampas. I think you know it."

-Metalocalypse
I went through the same thing on the solo, get yourself an Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer for the solo as Kirk Does, and use the 4th fret+whammy, it sounds exactly the same .
Quote by last_biscuit
I don't believe you've only been playing for half a year in the slightest, but on the other hand there's no need to cover up how long you've really been playing 'cos that was a lot better than I expected.

And I play it with a whammy squeal as you did so carry on, whatever sounds good and feels good.

i learned to play master of puppets after only playing for half a year, and ive now been playing for a year total
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
Wow, great job, especially considering how long you've been playing! The crazy squeal part sounded great, better than I usually get it to sound...I'd say pretty much the only issues are in some places your timing is a bit off and the part at around 27 seconds in is sloppy.

Excellent, overall. Is that a DKMG? They're nice guitars.