Hey does anyone know anything about the behringer VD400 analog delay... very low price for a delay, same for the digital version. Response on any of the behringers would be appreciated.
I may try out one of their fuzz/Distortions.
Or, I may try their spectrum enhancer (knockoff of BBE sonic maximizer?).
Generally though, I hear they suck.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Behringers sound pretty good for their price (considering they are reverse engineered/directly copied from their boss/ibanez/sansamp etc. counterparts) but have a tendency to break after a year or so. Consider them a good investment to see if you'd find the pedal useful but they are pretty much disposables.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Pretty low Quality, but they are very inexpensive. try it, and if you like the effect you can always upgrade to something even better down the road, and if u dont find it useful well its not much money down the drain.
Quote by protech487
any other opinions?

A good friend of mine had an overdrive pedal which for the money (I think it was $32) sounded ok. It was made of plastic and looked like it would be ok for a home setup, but I'm not really sure it would hold up for gigging.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
They suck.I know because I own one.

But maybe only the hellbabe sucks.Try it before you buy.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
no to be honest they're ok...

i mean sure - they lack depth and...sound

but for $50 (which is what i paid for my UM100 in australia) they are ok

i hav been told however that the hellbabe sucks majorly - they stopped making it now in australia...plus the factory burnt down...whoever lit it did their homework lol
great value, as xifr said they'd be good to use just to experiment with for awhile.
but the only way to make something that cheap is to use the cheapest components and manufacturing processes available. part of that is using components such as resistors that have poor tolerences, this means that any single part could have an actual value that is very different to what it says on the lable, so theoretically, any 2 behringer pedals from the exact same batch could sound very different from each other.
Quote by Tominator_1991
no to be honest they're ok...

i mean sure - they lack depth and...sound

well, i guess that's a matter of opinion. they're identical to the boss pedals. and i happen to like that sorta thing.
Well they're about 1/5 the price of everything else, so they're not that bad for the price.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
i have a friend that owns the digital delay...it's good for the price (30 euro) but it's still a cheap pedal. it's not bad to get a general idea of how to use a delay pedal, i sometimes use it to practice...it can make a good amount of sounds and it also has the hold feature that lets u record a few seconds...it's fun to use when u play alone
You guys have to remember, there was a cheap pedal made back in the early 80's called the Ibanez Tube Screamer. Yes the same pedal SRV used and now the reissue sells for $170 or so. So just because its cheap doesn't mean its bad. I saw this video a few months ago and thought it was good. Sounds much better then most pedals I've heard. If I ever find it I'd buy it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UteVdAOsquU&feature=related
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
so most people say that they suck...i think that you all should say what music did you play. i know they suck for metal but some people said they have nice classic sound- i'm talking about Behringer Hellbabe wha....
Quote by Broken-pick
They suck.I know because I own one.

But maybe only the hellbabe sucks.Try it before you buy.

+1 i have it. It just overlays your sound with a fake wah sound.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
I bought a Behringer Tube Overdrive for the heck of it.

It adds a nice subtle warmth, but the power LED wasn't working out of the box. So I have no idea whether it's bypassed or not unless I listen carefully. Still, not bad for €10.
Last edited by Ki' at Feb 1, 2008,