in this pawn shop today and I found the original star wars trilogy on VHS. Since I'm too damn poor to go by them on DVD (which I wouldn't any way since they edited **** out and replaced actors completly) I decided to ask how much they were. They were in perfect condition anyway so I figured why not. A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi... I bought them all for a total of $10. Good deal eh? better than paying $40 for all three on DVD.

So anyone got any stories about how they got really good deals on stuff.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Last edited by kurt_cobain9 at Jan 31, 2008,
I bought a used wah/volume pedal for $100 Aus, and even though it's simple, it's built like a tank and has some sweet filters on it.

there's heaps more like that, I can't think of specifics though

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
i got a brand new copy of GTA san andreas for free from my cousins ex boyfreind, that was a pretty good deal.
Quote by Heafyman
"IT'S SO SMALL I DON'T NEED THE APPLICATOR! IT FITS TO MY CONTOURS!!" "YES!! MY LABIA JUST GRABS IT LIKE A BIONIC CLAW AND TRACTOR BEAMS IT IN!!"

Quote by JaketheSnake123
i got a brand new copy of GTA san andreas for free from my cousins ex boyfreind, that was a pretty good deal.

nice,..

I bought all my GTA games for about 10-20 dollars

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I traded a silver dollar coin and 15 bucks for a swiss army knife.

Best deal of my life.
The best deal I've got recently was for 2GB of corsair xms2 RAM for $37 after rebate :P
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by kurt_cobain9
in this pawn shop today and I found the original star wars trilogy on VHS. Since I'm too damn poor to go by them on DVD (which I wouldn't any way since they edited **** out and replaced actors completly) I decided to ask how much they were. They were in perfect condition anyway so I figured why not. A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi... I bought them all for a total of $10. Good deal eh? better than paying $40 for all three on DVD.

So anyone got any stories about how they got really good deals on stuff.

I got the originals on VHS from blockbuster used for about that much. yes sir, a very good deal
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
All values in American dollars.

I got my 1987(ish) Carvin V220 by trading my JS30 Warrior and 40 bucks. (total of 340, but it felt cheaper).
I got a Crybaby Q535 (with 5 different wah ranges) used for 50 bucks.
My friend got a guitar case for $15.
1992 Mustang LX for $300, then about $200 of work.
Zoom drum machine for $30 bucks. At least it shows up for practice on time.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
I got a pretty sweet deal on some mayonnaise from some homeless guy.
All i had to do was suck it out of a hose while I was blindfolded, and pay him 2 bucks
Hurp De Durp
hey since were talking money... what do people use in europe? and what does it look like?

EDIT: im a dumb american btw
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
on a serious side...

and please dont start flaming

i got a metallica book "This monster lives" for 5 bucks.. and i got another metallica book "So What" (**** from their fanclub magazine in a book.. its like THE sickest metallica reference book ever.. pictures, interviews, cutouts, whole PARAGRAPHS from band members) also for five bucks.

metallica books just aint selling.. too many people are focusing on their "records" but the books are really where its at.
Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
I got a pretty sweet deal on some mayonnaise from some homeless guy.
All i had to do was suck it out of a hose while I was blindfolded, and pay him 2 bucks

Sick but funny.
1965 ampeg jet j-12 garage sale 5$
1958 Gibson classical guitar grama's nieghbor free
professional trombone garage sale 12$
acoustic electric+stand garage sale 20$
mic and stand garage sale 3$

I <3 Garage sales
If its not fender than whatever]
I once got a bike for free, the story:

So there I was, standing on the corner and this 9-10 year od kid came riding his bike toward me... so right as he got to me I hit him in the face with a stick I found... and then took his bike and rode back to my house. It's a sweet mountain bike.

Good deal, eh?
I got two twelve inch speakers in a box for $100 off some dude in the parking lot at work.... I hope they're legit..... today I was trying to hook up my system, but like an idiot, I blew the a fuse before we got anywhere with it and I don't have an extra. I'm hoping autozone will have some, so I can buy a few during my lunch tomorrow instead of going all the way to shreveport to buy em.