I want to get a cheap piece of crap drumset kind of to learn on, but mostly just to have one so all the drummers I know won't have the 'i dont wanna move my kit' excuse to not show up. I'd prefer not to spend more than 300$, but I could if it were worth it and I've been looking at craigslist for a few weeks and the only stuff that gets listed in my area is way out of my price range.

Anyway, what can i get that won't fall apart right away for the price? There are some on ebay made by Gammon Percussions that are reasonably priced, but I've enver heard of them. Anyone know anything about that company? How about the Pulse stuff on musiciansfriend?
My neighbor has a cheap pulse set. It's alright for what he paid. Actually, he bought it used extremely cheap. Normally, those Pulse sets are all over Craigslist. Maybe you live in a small area? If you get Pulse cymbals, expect them to be crap. Crap crap crap crap krap. The rest is ... decent. I'd buy a used one if I had the money.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
try looking at your local pawn shop. You could probably get a cheap old one for 200-$300.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
You can get a PDEZ starter kit for like 150 at Guiter Center. Doesn't include cymbals.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
I want to get a cheap piece of crap drumset kind of to learn on, but mostly just to have one so all the drummers I know won't have the 'i dont wanna move my kit' excuse to not show up. I'd prefer not to spend more than 300$, but I could if it were worth it and I've been looking at craigslist for a few weeks and the only stuff that gets listed in my area is way out of my price range.

Anyway, what can i get that won't fall apart right away for the price? There are some on ebay made by Gammon Percussions that are reasonably priced, but I've enver heard of them. Anyone know anything about that company? How about the Pulse stuff on musiciansfriend?

buy used and get a good quality set at a low price.
learning on a cheap crap kit will pull you away from learning properly and wanting to play.

crap in = crap out
crap into crap hardware = crap out
quality into crap hardware = crap out

The smallest kit I would even bother with is
1 snare
3 toms
1 crash
1 ride
1 hat
1 kick with single pedal
christ, why do guitarists talk so much **** about drums.

what you need is a secondhand kit. Somthing along the lines of a pearl export, or a tama rockstar. If your serious about playing drums, you'll want to to upgrade anyway to one of those kits. Its better to pay a little more for a semi good kit. I can tell you that there is no difference between a £2000 drum kit and a Pearl Export when it comes to EQing in the studio.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Get a cheap kit.
Remo Emperor skin pack.
Paiste pst 5 cymbal pack(to expensive so check out the pst 3's).

Be pretty decent.

Ive got a cheap kit and remo skins and i re did the bearing edges on the kit(the angle inside the shell. cheap ones are usually not great) and the kit sounds awesome.
And ive got cheap crap cymbal and they have lasted me 3ish years.

DO NOT use the stock cymbals on cheap kit (bar maybe tama and pearl) as they will be made of tin and sound like ****.

I will find prices of all this stuff on musicians friend and insert links into this post.

EDIT: You will need alittle extra cash to get a better setup but heres a few things worth a look at.
Paiste Pst 3 Cymbal Pack $175.75 Musicians Friend

Pulse 5 Piece Fusion Kit $199

Pinstripe Fusion Head pack $43

All that is $418. and that like yeah a really cheap beginner set-up.
I Seirously recommend saving another $120 and getting the pst 5's and maybe another boom stand.
Last edited by wongacaster at Feb 1, 2008,
they're good.i just heard you might want to change the drumhead and cymbals when you buy them or get money.
Quote by civildp1
try looking at your local pawn shop. You could probably get a cheap old one for 200-$300.

Ones at a pawn shop are usally cheap and good quality.
Quote by Pinballwizard93
you sir, Martinikiss7, should be president.

Jizz is where it is
I've been looking into getting a kit, too.

It seems like the best option (if you're serious) is to just save the money and get something good to begin with.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by moody07747
The smallest kit I would even bother with is
1 snare
3 toms
1 crash
1 ride
1 hat
1 kick with single pedal

3 toms? smallest i could deal with is 1, however i prefer having 2. everything else i agree with however.

Basically the pst's cut very well through live and recording, so i like them as beginner cymbals, avoid solar cymbal's and zxt's. and pro sonix cymbals. There so lifeless it hurts.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.