http://www.zzounds.com/item--PRSINSPIRE

This sounded like a really good deal, since it comes with 2 mics and an interface and stands and such.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it.

Perhaps it seems too good to be true, for only $300. Can someone tell me why or why not I should buy it?

If not, can someone recommend me a good alternative pack thing?

Thanks in advance.
presonus has very good audio interfaces. i have an fp10, and it's excellent. i would buy this.
Well the user reviews don't look all that great...but that does seem like quite a bit of equipment for 300 bucks...I'd get an E-MU or and M-Audio box myself, and then just pick a mic and a set of nice headphones to start. That way you know exactly what you're getting and you get all the features you want/need.

Doesn't it only say one mic...
Quote by mattvl
Well the user reviews don't look all that great...but that does seem like quite a bit of equipment for 300 bucks...I'd get an E-MU or and M-Audio box myself, and then just pick a mic and a set of nice headphones to start. That way you know exactly what you're getting and you get all the features you want/need.

Doesn't it only say one mic...

Ah, you're right, I was reading mic preamps.
I have one of these. The Inspire 1384, not the whole studio package. Seems to work okay. Mine is a remanufactored one off of Ebay, cost me $115 plus $12 in shipping. They are now $108 plus the shipping. I use it with a MXL 909 (that I got off of Ebay for $30 total including the shipping), cables I use were $20 for 3 20ft XLR cables (Ebay again), and an Electro-Voice PL90 mic that I got a flea market for next to nothing.

If you want new go new...if not there are other options.

Tony
the interface is..ok
the mics not so great
you wont get much bass at all with those monitors.

I suggest looking into separate parts and something else for an interface.

Buying used can save a ton of money and get you better parts most of the time. Keep an eye out on ebay and look over all the polls for gear in your price range at this board:
http://studio-central.com/phpbb/index.php