I bet you've all had this; you don't really feel like anything, not even playing guitar, but then you listen to/ watch a certain performance and it gets you all pumped about playing. If you don't mind share some of your choices. Usually when I watch mine, I can't stop playing for a few hours

This once gets me all motivated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljzGgrl4njA
The extended solo and beginning amaze me every single time I see them. Post some of your fav. motivators.

Please try not to answer with stuff like "the search bar motivates me a lot"... I tried and nothing like this came up. If there is something like this already I'd be glad to get a link
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
I like watching videos on you tube of kids who suck. I then feel much better about my own playing abilities.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb
I like watching videos on you tube of kids who suck. I then feel much better about my own playing abilities.

Yup. I love getting that confidence boost once in a while, especially when I feel like I'm not improving.

I also like watching videos of kids who don't suck. Motivates me to practice more so I can eventually do what they just did.
+1 to hollow years and dream theater in general. I read extended solo and before even clicking the link I had goosbumps cause i new what song you were talking about. Petrucci has such an amazing style he can perfectly mix shred with amazing melody and inspire people to play guitar like they can only dream of.
i watch John Frusciante's lesson on youtube.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Lrn2shrd69
+1 to hollow years and dream theater in general. I read extended solo and before even clicking the link I had goosbumps cause i new what song you were talking about. Petrucci has such an amazing style he can perfectly mix shred with amazing melody and inspire people to play guitar like they can only dream of.

If you like extended solos you should really check out The Spirit Carries On from the Score DVD (also on youtube). It's just as amazing... but i'm sure you already know it ^^
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
any children of bodom video... i dont know, its just my dream to shred like alexi one of these days
or the surfing with the alien video by joe satriani, if you havent seen it, do so soon
Holy sh*t well this summer I waited for over 10 hours to be the very first person on the smack dab center of the barricade of a Rise Against show. It was the best show I've ever been to in my life. I got f*cking spit on by the mic flying around. I had chills up my spine for 3 days afterwards (as well as ringing ears).
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
This has been my motivation as of late:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOb6JSQd-Qw

It's really hard though...I have to play the majority of it at half-speed until I get the muscle memory for those fast parts.

Edit: I forgot, Agalloch's "A Desolation Song" really makes me wish I had a guitar in my dorm here.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
This...
To be honest, I'm not even really that impressed (until around the end), it's the feelings I get from the lyrics and just the way they play that song.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
LOL! before i even read past they youtube link i knew what the song was,
infact, as soon as i read the title, thats what came to mind XD

i hate seeing people taht say he (petrucci) has no emotion.

a few songs on s&m motivate me, like
notingelse matters
outlaw torn etc,
*Enter Sig Here*