With a few friends, and we were hoping that a few people that have been there could give us an idea of the cost. We would like to fly from the west coast of the U.S. to Paris, and from there hit up Amsterdam, Barcelona, Munich, and Berlin to name a few. How much would it cost per person to fly there, and maybe stay in either a low grade hostel or a 2-3 star hotel? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
watch Hostile 1 and 2 before you go. have a good'ne
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
It'll cost about $1,500 per person just to get to Europe.. I'd suggest taking the train or a bus to travel when you're there, if you have the time. It's a lot cheaper, and you get a chance to see some of the landscape.

I'm sorry, I don't know about hotel costs..
That sounds awesome.
I would rather stay in the hotel though.
Hostels are disgusting.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
how old are? I am a senior in high school and im going on a school trip to london/paris for 3k total.... its cool t
Man I'd kill to go to amsterdam, all you UK bastards are so lucky to live so close to a country where you can just about do anything. (including my girl mary jane)
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by bludwolfrocks
how old are? I am a senior in high school and im going on a school trip to london/paris for 3k total.... its cool t

I'm in my second year of college, and my friends are either the same year as me or one year above.

So about $1,500 just to get there eh? I bet I can find some deals that cut that price way down. And yes, I've seen hostel 1+2, and yes, it scared the hell out of me enough to not want to stay in hostels, but I know thats not really what happens, so I'm cool with it.
Quote by rebeltildeth87
watch Hostile 1 and 2 before you go. have a good'ne

That's some ****ed up ****
Quote by KoniaX
So about $1,500 just to get there eh? I bet I can find some deals that cut that price way down.

That's actually a good deal, believe it or not. Last year, I travelled from Idaho to Bulgaria and it was about $1,850. I have relatives that used their business connections to say I was going on a business trip; otherwise, it would have pushed $2,400 +
$1500 is not a good deal to get over here. my girlfriend flies transatlantic three times a year, and she never pays more than $1000 return. its often closer to $500.

obviously, hostel is entirely fiction. and seriously, you should stay in hostels. cheaper. much much cheaper. and some are quite nice.

if you're planning on travelling around quite a bit, maybe look into getting an interrail pass (i think they're actually called eurail passes for americans though). it gives you unlimited rail travel in europe for a month, or you can do it for less time and have travel in less countries. its worth getting one if you're doing lots in western europe. if you're mostly doing eastern and some central europe it isn't worth it, as train fares there are very cheap.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Last edited by Gurgle!Argh! at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
$1500 is not a good deal to get over here. my girlfriend flies transatlantic three times a year, and she never pays more than $1000 return. its often closer to $500.

Really? What are the travel locations? I could understand eastern US to the UK being that price, but this situation is for the western US. It's a big country, you know.
cost me somewhere around a grand from the west coast last time i went to paris. plus lodging and food and surviving. i'd wait a year if you can (sucks, though. i was planning to go to france again this summer but i don't think i'll be able to) -- the price of the dollar compared to the euro sucks balls right now and you'll end up paying a few hundred more than you normally would.
Quote by piquet
Really? What are the travel locations? I could understand eastern US to the UK being that price, but this situation is for the western US. It's a big country, you know.

ahhh, i missed that part. she flys new york -> manchester/london.

but even so, even if there's a big premium on flights to the west coast (which i don't think there is. i mean, there is one, but it doesn't double the cost of the flight or anything), it shouldn't be costing that much to fly from elsewhere in the states to new york, just as it shouldn't cost much more to go to paris rather than london, and if it is you can get a transfer for less than $200. either way, $1500 should definitely be the upper limit of what you pay.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
^^ I agree you can go from Ireland to New York return for about €340 with Delta + whatever it takes from the West coast.

Inter-railing my friend! You can get a train ticket for about €200-300 (that's a guess off top of my head) which will allow you to travel on any train throughout Europe (or certain parts anyway) for a chosen amount of time.

Regarding what everyone above said about hostels: they're honestly not that bad (you also get to meet loads of interesting people with traveling experience and have fun - which is what it's all about really). Some might have the odd stain on the sheets but just ask for some new ones, you won't get Aids and it's wayyyyy cheaper than a hotel. We're not royalty after all...

Another note: Norway is ridiculously expensive (not saying it's a bad place or anything mind)
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
On a note about the hostels: Do it. They are a great experience if you are enthusiastic and get to know other people there.
Amsterdam! Me and my buddy Carl want to go there after our exams are done this year. Oh, don't come to England, it's rubbish.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
In Paris if a hotel room is advertised as 'small', it may actually be approximately the size of a closet. It's incredible, in fact I would recommend you get a small hotel room for shits and giggles.
Quote by macho man
In Paris if a hotel room is advertised as 'small', it may actually be approximately the size of a closet. It's incredible, in fact I would recommend you get a small hotel room for shits and giggles.

What about Capsul hotels in Japan?
Quote by terrencemaddox
Go to ROME!

Actually just about anywhere in Italy would be good.

Naples ftw.
If you do it cheap, you can spend around 25 euro on lodgings, and an additional 30-40 on foodstuffs, booze and the like. Thats about 70-80 dollars each day nowadays. Be careful though that in Europe most hotels have way higher prices if you stand at the desk with a suitcase compared with booking online in advance (especially at 3 days+). I would indeed suggest hostels as you won't be doing a lot of sleeping anyway and it's always fun to meet people (although if you are going as a group this would be less important than going alone or with 2 ppl).
You might want to consider adding rome to your list of things if you can, besides having loads of historic stuff that people come to watch, it has a great atmosphere.
Try not to do all the cliché's on a trip, go with the flow, see where it leads you.

That's what I'd do/have done anyway...
Simple Google Euro hostels.

You can get a Euro rail card for like 100 euro's and go anywhere

If you're after cheap flights then check out

www.skyscanner.net

or

www.lowfarerflights.co.uk if you want to come to UK and go on from there.

Ive been to paris, barcelona, florence, pisa, rhodes, lindos, marmaris to name a few and would recommend them all.

Im planning on krakow, prague, venice and milan this year, all look stunning,
Quote by SG6578
Man I'd kill to go to amsterdam, all you UK bastards are so lucky to live so close to a country where you can just about do anything. (including my girl mary jane)

lulz be jealous on ME!! I live in the city

depending on which city you're in, hostels generally cost about 15-25 euros for a bed a in a dorm. book all your hostels on www.hostelworld.com and try and get the top rated ones because they'll make your trip worth it....helpful receptionists, hostel bars, plenty of likeminded people. you'll have a much better time staying at hostels than staying at crap hotels.
haha Americans in europe are hilarious

be warned that the beer is a lot stronger mate, especially on the continent
Thanks a ton guys, I'll take a look at those websites right now.
Quote by KoniaX
With a few friends, and we were hoping that a few people that have been there could give us an idea of the cost. We would like to fly from the west coast of the U.S. to Paris, and from there hit up Amsterdam, Barcelona, Munich...

You won't regret it. Munich is, by far, my favorite city on Earth. It's breathtaking.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.