hey everyone

im trying to get a parkway drive sound i have an Ibanez RG320EX, Line 6 spider III amp and a boss mega distortion MD-2 pedal. Can anyone help me?
Ditch the Spider III, get a nice 5-watt tube combo, adjust your MD-2 a bit, and rock out.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by ashesofthewake
1 luvz t3h br00tuls br34kd0wnz

m0ar br3akd0wnz m3anz m0ar HxC MxC d4nc1ng. plz g1mme m0re TDWP.
AHMG caN I LiK HAv ur Sp1ders Amp!
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by Dimebag22
AHMG caN I LiK HAv ur Sp1ders Amp!

AHMG LYK n0 i m4ke br00tal riffz w1th it.
You'll really need a better amp. PWD used to use JCM 900s with Schecter Hellraisers. On the tour for Horizons, they have been using Mesa Boogie Rectifiers (not sure if dual or triple etc) and ESP guitars. Now your guitar is okay, but that amp really isnt very good. If you sold your Spider and got a small tube combo, you would at least have some good tone to work with.
My advice?

Get a bass, and a full time job.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
You should invest in a new amplifier. Do you have any cash on hand at the moment, or will you be coming into any soon?
thank you for your help but im only 14 and don't have a job but i can make about a hundred bucks in a weekend so i could save up some money for a good amp what would you recommend i want to get the sound from the album killing with a smile.
Quote by ibanezFTW
thank you for your help but im only 14 and don't have a job but i can make about a hundred bucks in a weekend so i could save up some money for a good amp what would you recommend i want to get the sound from the album killing with a smile.

As I said above, during the tour for that album, they used JCM900s. Try and sell your spider, and work some weekends. Instead of spending tonnes of money a JCM900, try buying the JCM800 clone from Ceriatone, and then you can just boost it a bit. Boost it with a better pedal than the metal zone though, maybe a Maxon TS808? The good thing about this setup is you can get many more tones than just PWD.

Hopefully thats some help to you, unlike most of the jerks who've blasted you with ignorance in this thread so far.
or just a 5150. you won't sound exactly like Pwd (****ty band anyway) but will have a tone as heavy as Don Vito
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by TBC Guitarist
As I said above, during the tour for that album, they used JCM900s. Try and sell your spider, and work some weekends. Instead of spending tonnes of money a JCM900, try buying the JCM800 clone from Ceriatone, and then you can just boost it a bit. Boost it with a better pedal than the metal zone though, maybe a Maxon TS808? The good thing about this setup is you can get many more tones than just PWD.

Hopefully thats some help to you, unlike most of the jerks who've blasted you with ignorance in this thread so far.

This is probably your best bet.. though, it might take a while for you to get the cash. You can try selling some of your gear to get a start on it though.

I don't know how close you'll get to PWD with a Randall RG50TC, as I've never played one, but I've heard nothing but great things about them, and they run for under $600. That could be a cheaper alternative. I would suggest looking into one of those aswell. But if you're dead set on having something like the PWD tone, TBC gave you some good advice.
you will never sound like any band you like w. a spider 3
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
thank you to TBC and keifermatot for your help you've told me everything i needed to know.