It's an old problem that I've never addressed but the Strat pickguard gets charged when my fingers come in contact while playing. It's especially noticeable when playing clean. It sounds a little like Rice Krispies when I play. Any ideas to stop it?
it could be due to wearing wooly jumpers or plastic clothes, but I cant think of anything else. you could try buying an antistatic wrist strap from radioshack, it'll be something like a velcro strap, with a cable with a crocodile clip. put the strap onto your wrist, and then clip the cable to the jack if its got a metal body
it would make you look stupid but might work
Check you're wiring and grounding, might be the cause of the problem.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by Cog
it could be due to wearing wooly jumpers or plastic clothes, but I cant think of anything else. you could try buying an antistatic wrist strap from radioshack, it'll be something like a velcro strap, with a cable with a crocodile clip. put the strap onto your wrist, and then clip the cable to the jack if its got a metal body
it would make you look stupid but might work

I'm playing it at home in jeans and a T shirt. I wonder if changing the pickguard will make a difference. I have a couple I can try.
It's Rock N Roll! Nothing looks stupid. We are the trend setters.
Thanks for the advice everyone.