Does anyone have any hands on experience with these two?

What's the best of the two in your opinion/
Guitars:
Ibanez RGT 42FM
Ibanez AW20ASENT
Yamaha G-55A
Squier Stratocaster w/Scalloped Neck

Amp+FX+Lulz:
Boss GT-3
Crate GX-30M
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
i absolutely love the hot rod deluxe. i don't know how it compares to the deville, but i can tell you that its a beautiful sounding amp.
They're extremely similar. I wouldn't go for the larger one unless I was getting a killer deal on it. The 40W 1x12 that is the Deluxe is plenty for gigging.

In the same price range, I prefer the Fender Blues Deluxe, Peavey Delta Blues or Classic 30/50, and the Traynor YCV 40/50 (amongst others, probably) to the Hot Rod, though. Not a big fan of the OD on the HRD.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Depends if you want more volume/speakers/headroom.
But still, the Deluxe is a very loud amp, depends how clean you want your sound at high volumes.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Hands on with both, owned a Deluxe, other guitarist in my badn has DeVille. I prefer the deville, soudns warmer, gets louder, looks nicer and has better OD than the deluxe.

The deluxe isnt a bad amp though, it just sounds a bit puny put next to a DeVille.
well thanks for the reviews.

i found a 212 deville for 300 that i'm going to go buy in about an hour! FTW!
Guitars:
Ibanez RGT 42FM
Ibanez AW20ASENT
Yamaha G-55A
Squier Stratocaster w/Scalloped Neck

Amp+FX+Lulz:
Boss GT-3
Crate GX-30M
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
deville > deluxe.

i love the way mine sounds. i've got plenty of headroom before it starts distorting, and it pumps out oodles of volume.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
yeah...lots of headroom, but pretty much a single channel amp. The OD ont he Deluxe (my main amp, so I am not a hater), is, how should I say.....terrible? Look, you can find a way to use any tone......and I am sure you can make the OD sound good, but to me it sounds like tin, and is very hollow sounding......I prefer to crank the clean to 12, and use a seperate master control to get the pre amp breakup....I think that sounds better than the 2nd channel.
However, the Deluxe is a loud amp for under $400...the reason I bought one. If you run alot of pedals this amp might be good choice for you.
Quote by richgray5
yeah...lots of headroom, but pretty much a single channel amp. The OD ont he Deluxe (my main amp, so I am not a hater), is, how should I say.....terrible? Look, you can find a way to use any tone......and I am sure you can make the OD sound good, but to me it sounds like tin, and is very hollow sounding......I prefer to crank the clean to 12, and use a seperate master control to get the pre amp breakup....I think that sounds better than the 2nd channel.
However, the Deluxe is a loud amp for under $400...the reason I bought one. If you run alot of pedals this amp might be good choice for you.

How exactly is that done?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
How exactly is that done?

you probably wont beleive me....since you are obv. responding to this thread because I called you a hater in the Volume Box thread.

The Volume Box, buddy. It works pretty good. You get good preamp break up.....

NO power section break up.....which I am sure you are aware of.

Best $30 I have ever spent on gear in my life. Whether you can make one for $1.50, like you claim, I dont care, $30 was no big deal.

I can send you protools files playing the same lick with the clean at lets say 2, and then at 12 with the volume box. We are talking very clean vs. obv. distorted sounds.

Just trust me Kevin....I just saw that yuoui have the same amp. Either build your own master, or just cave in a buy one on Ebay....I promise you will be happy with it.
Last edited by richgray5 at Feb 1, 2008,
I played the DeVille at my local music shop today, and it was rather nice really. The OD was pretty good, but I don't know, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

I was going to play the Deluxe, but it wasn't plugged in and I got distracted because I was more interested in checking out the Boss ME-50.

If the Deluxe is anything like the DeVille, you should be fine with it, unless you want the extra speaker the DeVille offers.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.