Page 1 of 6
any rock musician in fact
for me tied between jimi hendrix, randy rhoads or cliff burton
Cliff Burton the guitarist?

Leave now, and never come back.

I'd probably get Chuck Schuldiner back.
I'm generally of the opinion that people who are dead should stay dead. It's a slippery slope, bringing back the dead. First its, "Hey, bring him back cause he was an awesome musician." Then it's, "Hey, bring them back cause they were just a good person in general." Stuff keeps escalating and next thing you know, you've got Jurassic Park on your hands. Dinosaurs brought back from extinction eating everybody in sight and pooping turds the size of a honda. Isn't it worth it to let Cliff Burton just stay dead?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Last edited by civildp1 at Feb 1, 2008,
^^ LoL to that Kudos

but to answer the question posed... Probably Stevie Ray Vaughan or George Harrison. The only reason i wouldn't have Hendrix back (would be awesome tho...) is that if he hadn't died, he'd be messed up by now anyway, with the amount of drugs he used...
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Quote by civildp1
I'm generally of the opinion that people who are dead should stay dead. It's a slippery slope, bringing back the dead. First its, "Hey, bring him back cause he was an awesome musician." Then it's, "Hey, bring them back cause they were just a good person in general." Stuff keeps escalating and next thing you know, you've got Jurassic Park on your hands. Dinosaurs brought back from extinction eating everybody in sight and pooping turds the size of a honda. Isn't it worth it to let Cliff Burton just stay dead?

Quite apart from the fact that they'd... you know... leak everywhere.
Mmmm leaky rockstar's... Awesome

You know, i had a think about this, and you know, instead of bringing them back it would be more effective to go back in time and stop them from dying in the first place. That or just talk to them/interview and let them die in due course.

this is all hypothetical by he way, don't anyone go thinkin I've gone and invented a time machine
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Curt Cobain!!!!

And I saw Freddie Mercery hold a guitar once.... Thats enough right?
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
obviously hendrix. i wouldn't revive dime because i can't stand his music, well its more his tone. good guitarist, but not my cup of tea. but i think thats about it. not many of the guitarists that i love are dead.

EDIT: That being said, +1 to the kurt cobain above me.

EDIT 2: oh and randy rhoads.
Hendrix
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
If half these people weren't dead, they wouldn't be the "Legends" that everyone associates them with.

Cough Dimebag Burton Hendrix Cough
Dinosaurs brought back from extinction eating everybody in sight and pooping turds the size of a honda.

HAHAHAHA by far the funniest thing ive heard all week, well done chap!!1
Quote by civildp1

Lol =P

Its gotta be hendrix for me, ha.
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,
Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic.

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

http://www.last.fm/user/TomWales/
Quote by webbtje
Cliff Burton the guitarist?

Leave now, and never come back.

haha i also wrote any rock musician, cliff is a rock musician
which bastard would wanna revive dinosaur to rape us all, that wouldnt be nice haha.
and yeah a metallica with hetfield, mustaine, burton and ulrich would be nice. although id miss kirk
Quote by Filip413
Dinosaurs brought back from extinction eating everybody in sight and pooping turds the size of a honda.

HAHAHAHA by far the funniest thing ive heard all week, well done chap!!1

You obviously have a very boring life......

Hendrix for me.
Or Dime.
lennon
because he was ****ed over the way he died
he wasnt finished

if not
zappa
uh....hm...joe satirianis hair?
xD
Quote by Alex The Red

If it doesn't have to do with tube amps or sex most of us don't really care..

Quote by Kutanmoogle

Looks like Lars Ulrich decided to become a hacker.

Quote by aaron6890
penises FTW

not in the gay way

<.<
>.>

Quote by webbtje

A man after my own heart

Chuck was GOD. He would've been revered even if he hadn't died. He was one of the founders of death metal as we know it, as well as just writing some intensely kickass guitar work.

Not to bad mouth Dime but I think he was a bit overrated, and his tone was HORRIBLE.

Why oh why did he keep with solid state?
Last edited by bass_emagdnim at Feb 1, 2008,
i just read how chuck schuldiner died
i dont know anything about him
pretty bull****. he deserved to live.
Schuldiner.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
eeeeyyyy... waaiiiit a minute! Elvis played the guitar...screw everybody I want Elvis!
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
Shawn Lane.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I'd want metallica to be revived.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Jason Becker's not dead, but his guitar playing ability is. I'd want to let Becker play again, or perhaps bring back Dimebag Darrel or Chuck Schuldiner..and metallica when they had mustaine.....
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Quote by morrison27
uh....hm...joe satirianis hair?
xD

Phail.

Besides, he looked like a douche with hair
Quote by webbtje
Phail.

Besides, he looked like a douche with hair

rofl
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Randy Rhoads
Dime
Duane Allman
SRV
Hendrix
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by gallagher2006
If half these people weren't dead, they wouldn't be the "Legends" that everyone associates them with.

Cough Dimebag Burton Hendrix Cough

Hendrix was a legend even before he died

Duane Allman or Stevie Ray Vaugn
Quote by Chiller2
Hendrix was a legend even before he died

one hit wonder.

he wasn't exactly a megastar and he probably would have faded away if he hadn't died so young.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.