Wats some cool effects for guitar?

obviously excluding pedals and amp effects

i mean like herman li's pacman

haha

stuff like that - it entertains people so easily
well percussion on acoustic. tommy emmanuel is the master of that. or andy mckee. and scratch like tom (or tim, idk) morello.
Don't ask me how I found this out, but if you have a strat and a metal slide, flick it to the neck pick up and rock the slide over the strings above the pick up, pushing the strings onto the pick up. This has no musical advantage, it just sounds weird!! Also try playing using the pick ups as frets, and playing the other side of the nut?!
You have the drum solo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qDO_z7bgpM

AND the fact that the little guy is absolutley halerious !

Edit: he gets SO mad
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
Last edited by blogz at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by Mr E
Don't ask me how I found this out, but if you have a strat and a metal slide, flick it to the neck pick up and rock the slide over the strings above the pick up, pushing the strings onto the pick up. This has no musical advantage, it just sounds weird!! Also try playing using the pick ups as frets, and playing the other side of the nut?!

Yeah, that's sort of like the bird affect in Free Bird.
put a remote control next to the guitar pickup and press buttons
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Race Car: Using a slide and loads of distortion, just pick the bottom 3 strings and gradually slide up the fret board. Works better if you use volume swells and drop d tuning. Add reverb to simulate the car going into a tunnel!!

Whale: Use a slide again, lots of reverb and volume swells. On the high e just slide up and down above the pick ups, with volume fading in and out.

Before you ask, I do have lots of free time on my hands, and sorry if these sorts of weird sounds are not the things you had in mind!!