What im gonna do is record myself once a month to see how much i improve with my playing and try to do better next month when i record myself again.

Il just go through any songs i learn that month, scales, chords etc and record them with audacity.

I think it will help me improve my playing a bit.

Any comments? Anyone wanna join me?

Hmm I dunno.

I've pretty much reached my point in playing =[ it sucks.

I have no inspiration to learn new stuff anymore... I only know like 2-3 scales besides the basic pentatonics... A few 'different' chords, and quite a few songs. [don't you hate when you know a song, but don't practice it for AGES, and forget it?]

I feel like learning new scales/complex solos, but I can't make myself do it lol. So good luck to you, hopefully recording yourself will keep you motivated.
Quote by the_poison125
What im gonna do is record myself once a month to see how much i improve with my playing and try to do better next month when i record myself again.

Il just go through any songs i learn that month, scales, chords etc and record them with audacity.

I think it will help me improve my playing a bit.

Any comments? Anyone wanna join me?

Good idea, when my new bass arives in the post I'll join you on that.
UG's Yellow Ranger

Focus on making music and in a relaxed manner, than treating the guitar as a machine/NPS instrument.

Whatever floats ya' boat...
I intended to do that, but when it came down to actually recording, I couldn't be bothered :P
But now I will!
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
hmm yer its a good idea for your motivation as a lot of the time i find i dont even realise that ive have improved which can be very frustrating. by having evidence that you have improved it should help your motivation works for me anyway
Great Idea!!!

I'd love to join ya but my guitar sux!!! I'm actualy borrowin it off a mate and i have no money to upgrade, I HATE AUCOUSTIC GUITARS!!!
that seems like a really cool idea, but i don't have anything to record with.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.