The Frontman is terrible.

Vox Valvetronix of some description would have been much more interesting for you to use, and more reliable.
umm
i hate epiphone
but
i dont see how tokai can have the advantage over epiphone at all
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by Jackolas
Ignore the comments about the frontman.

Way, way better than any MG.

Not really, but all he has to do is turn it up loud to get some proper overdrive. Sure its crappy SS but it still sounds decent for an amp that small
yeah you shouldve asked first you didnt do bad

idve went for a pacifica 112 and fender champ 600 reissue
Quote by Sirnogbert
...Damn you.
Quote by thepatient001
oh god..oh, wait.......yep just threw up alittle in my mouth.

heheheh +1
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
epiphone would beat tokai any day, that's only stating the obvious, and a VOX 15watt would be as cheap and a bit better, but the fender will work, if you were more into metal I'd recommend a cube 15 or 30

Greetz,
zerodeck
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vixen
Ibanez RG7321
Cort G210
Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop
Laboga Mr. Hector
Randall 4x12
Boss MT 2
Boss BD 2
Boss DD3
Korg Pitchblack
Bstar, don't worry about the elitist attitude in here. They at one time weren't sure what they were doing either, its an ego thing on UG. Anyways seems like you're just starting out. I wouldn't be ashamed of your choice at all. Its by no means top of the line but you know that considering your budget.
I think you did good. I say that cause you'll live and learn while playing and buying equipment. Once you start playing more and more you'll develop a taste as to what you prefer in terms of tone and the type of guitars you like in terms of feel etc. If you like the Tokai get it. The amp is always subjective and asking people what to get isn't always a good idea because you'll get mostly personal preferences. Its a good starter amp and will get you on your way.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I did ask but no one seemed to know much about the guitar other than in general tokai are a better copy than epihone or maybe it was just quiet on ug that day

I gathered the amp wasnt going to be great i was just after somthing decent and cheap to last me a couple of months after all its only £35
Naa don't worry about the guitar and the same about the amp. Its a good starter and once you learn some chords and riffs then you can go into a music store and try some different amp's and see what you prefer
Quote by DSOTM80
Bstar, don't worry about the elitist attitude in here. They at one time weren't sure what they were doing either, its an ego thing on UG. Anyways seems like you're just starting out. I wouldn't be ashamed of your choice at all. Its by no means top of the line but you know that considering your budget.
I think you did good. I say that cause you'll live and learn while playing and buying equipment. Once you start playing more and more you'll develop a taste as to what you prefer in terms of tone and the type of guitars you like in terms of feel etc. If you like the Tokai get it. The amp is always subjective and asking people what to get isn't always a good idea because you'll get mostly personal preferences. Its a good starter amp and will get you on your way.

Cheers mate, from my other hobbies i know exactly where your coming from its always to be expected. If id have had the meens to go for a top quality guitar straight away i would have unfortunatly christmas, newyears, and the car made it a no go for now though
Quote by Bstar
Cheers mate, from my other hobbies i know exactly where your coming from its always to be expected. If id have had the meens to go for a top quality guitar straight away i would have unfortunatly christmas, newyears, and the car made it a no go for now though

I wouldn't go straight for a top quality expensive guitar when you're just starting. Your taste will change the more you play. At least mine did somewhat in terms of what guitars I liked and set ups. Same goes with your amp when you develop an ear for tone. You'll listen to your old cd's in a whole different way
Quote by PeterTheSame
I'd Be Happy With That, What Music Do Ya Play?

Not a lot at the moment lol

Stuff i want to do is ACDC, Red hot chillie peppers, System of a down and hopfully one day cannon rock. Iv got a varied taste in music
IMHO what brand/model your first setup stuff is completely irrelevant. The purpose of the first setup is to see if you actually like playing the guitar and will continue to do it, and I dont think its a bad idea at all to buy cheap, disposable **** the first go round. Sure you'll need to upgrade sooner or later, but I dont see any point in digging yourself into a bigger financial hole than you need to. Besides, playing a crappy guitar for a while will really make you appreciate the newer guitar/amp and its sound once you get it. I guess you dont want to go TOO cheap, but I dont think you did bad for your first setup.

Its like smoking cigars... to someone that has never smoked before, a puff on a $1.05 gas station cigar isnt going to be much different than a really nice cigar. Once that person has developed a taste for it on the cheap ones, they'll be able to find what they like and dont like about the more expensive cigars and will be able to pick accordingly.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
dude you made good choices. your first rig is bound to be replaced down the line anyways, it doesn't really matter what you get. just don't be one of those people that "upgrades" their gear by buying more beginner rigs haha
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100