So, i've some good stuff about them and some bad stuff.

Is it worth the $80?

Seems cheap for an amp and would be fun to get and muck around a bit with, i can afford it, I'm only getting it because i am already happy with what i got and want something to use for silly purposes and when i want to play not very loud (say at night and stuff), it would also be a cool as decorative item

Your thoughts?
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by viljoenkoos
I have the MS4. Beautiful little amp

+1. they sound ok. need a belt clip though. and theres an element of noevelty about them.
I think that roland micro cube is really much better than marshall mini amps, they got more stuff added to the amp, but if you got a good pedal and you want it, go ahead
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by viljoenkoos
I have the MS4. Beautiful little amp

Added advantage:
They have a headphone socket I think?
They are also very portable if taking anywhere.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
i got one, its great
and one more advantage, its cute
Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.
I think the marhall is smaller than the microcube, but the microcube sounds better and is a bit louder
The Marshall mini amps are nothing more than a novelty.

They sound terrible and will most likely break (mine did).

They are fun, admittedly, but once the novelty wears off you'll be asking why you wasted your money on it.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
^^ what he said..i stopped using mine after a couple of weeks..waste of money
$80?

I built a runoffgroove Ruby Amp into an old Radio I had (you can also use Radio Alarms) and it sounds much better than those POS Marshalls - plus it cost me absolutely nothing to make.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
It's only worth it if you can afford $80 for a novelty item. It was worth it to me, because I got some good laughs out of it. I "used" a micro amp years ago when playing parties by having my real rig behind the curtains in the living room, & placing the micro amp on a stool right in front of the curtains. I ran a dummy cord to the micro amp so it looked like it was hooked up to my pile of pedals (I used a wireless- no one knew where the receiver was!) Sometimes, we even placed a mic in front of the micro amp to make it look really official. The looks on people's faces were funny as hell, since they were really hearing a 1974 100W Marshall Super Lead through a 2X12, but they thought it was the micro amp! It was even funnier after a 12-pack.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by stephen_rettie
way better off with an epi valve junior

I almost vomited, thinking you were saying the mini amp was way better.
Quote by riffhog
It's only worth it if you can afford $80 for a novelty item. It was worth it to me, because I got some good laughs out of it. I "used" a micro amp years ago when playing parties by having my real rig behind the curtains in the living room, & placing the micro amp on a stool right in front of the curtains. I ran a dummy cord to the micro amp so it looked like it was hooked up to my pile of pedals (I used a wireless- no one knew where the receiver was!) Sometimes, we even placed a mic in front of the micro amp to make it look really official. The looks on people's faces were funny as hell, since they were really hearing a 1974 100W Marshall Super Lead through a 2X12, but they thought it was the micro amp! It was even funnier after a 12-pack.

lol, good joke.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
They are funny to mess around with, but in reality it's just a toy so don't expect any good tones from it.
the half stack one has a belt clip and its fun to walk around with the amp strapped on jamming away.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Yeah, i have heard people have got really good tone out of it

I might also use it for funny purposes like riffhog

And it will also fit right in my les paul case, you don't see many full stacks packed into guitar cases do you?
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Quote by CephalidHunter
the half stack one has a belt clip and its fun to walk around with the amp strapped on jamming away.

That sounds awesome, i should try that
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu