Hey there

Long time forum lurker here, finaly decided to create an account. Ok so here goes. I have a little challenge. I want you to find the best guitar (in your oppinion, thus not scientificaly proven), for metal.

What is a good metal guitar? imo:
- great sustain
- low action
- stays in tune well
- high output
- "fast" neck
- plays downtuned notes well (25.5" scale or more)
- preferably 24 frets.
- nice access to lower frets.

Yeah thats about it, you have your own criterias too.

Oh and before i forget, the guitar may not cost more than $400. If its costs $401 its automatically disqualified. No Ebay guitars, and no used guitars. The price must be for a brand new guitar.

I had these ideas myself so far:

Schecter Devil Tribal Baritone
Schecter demon 6/7

Jackson JS30RR

An ibanez RG series of some sorts

BC Rich Virgo
BC Rich Dagger (Yes the hollowbody)

Im looking forward to some great posts.
Lol the dagger?
wow

I would agree with the Ibanez RG probably
Those are the best for me.

It kinda puts a tight filter on when you say below $400
If u could spend more money,
go for the Ibanez Jem7v
The BEST guitar
ever made.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Ibanez RG of some description would be good, if you didn't care about 24 frets I'd say an S.

Avoid the Schecters; fat, painted necks =/= fast.
The Ibanez RG3 QM is decent, I have played one and thought very highly of it due to the price. As far as anything else goes, it is your own opinion that counts. Go try it yourself and see how you like it.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by burn the stars
schecter all the way.

He wants a thin neck.

What was that about Schecter necks? Oh yeah, they're tantamount to logs of wood.
I've been looking at the RG350 now, and also the 321MH.

The 321MH misses the tremolo, but has a mahagony body instead. Tough decision.
Quote by ShredNChunk
I've been looking at the RG350 now, and also the 321MH.

The 321MH misses the tremolo, but has a mahagony body instead. Tough decision.

The Edge 3 trem is a hunk of crap. Go for the 321MH, seriously, otherwise you'll have a bridge which will become unplayable within months.
I'd avoid any RG in that price range, and theres no S below $400 maybe unless you go to an SA, SZ or whatever, I dont pay attention to any of those. I second the Schecter idea. I played an Omen 6 last year and even though they do have a really thick neck, they are a real treat to play and sound great. The lack of trem is the only thing that pushed me away from that guitar, but getting a guitar with a decent trem in that price range is going to be a bit difficult (I think).
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
Quote by webbtje
The Edge 3 trem is a hunk of crap. Go for the 321MH, seriously, otherwise you'll have a bridge which will become unplayable within months.

+1

However, I disagree with your painted neck idea, it's all subjective. And there is no real thing as a 'fast' neck, it's just how comfortable you are with it IMO.